takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I don't know that I'd go as far as saying it's the least-liked, but it definitely didn't sell well. Honda's IMA products were/are (CR-Z) pretty disliked as well. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I think people really want to like the CR-Z, but of course it's tepid performance ruins it for most enthusiasts. Pretty sure the Crosstour and ZDX wear the Honda cone of shame. The IMA vehicles were basically drivetrain let downs. The premise of those cars was good. The Crosstour and ZDX were vehicle designs no one was really asking for. Also never heard anyone ask for a slope back 5 door civic. I do hear people wanting a hatchback which I would assume would be the typical squareback shape.
Sponsored

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I would prefer the squareback shape myself. Here's a little kicker for you, in case you haven't already heard. The lead designer of the ZDX just took over Acura after Accavitti stepped down.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would prefer the squareback shape myself. Here's a little kicker for you, in case you haven't already heard. The lead designer of the ZDX just took over Acura after Accavitti stepped down.
I actually didn't mind the ZDX styling. At certain angles it was a pretty cool looking car. The Crosstour just looked chunky and clumsy. That will be interesting to see where the styling for Acura goes with him in charge of design stuff. They finally got the acura "beak" looking pretty good, hopefully they don't regress backwards.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't mind the overall design of the ZDX either, but the 'beak' was particularly bad on this model. I just find it interesting that the designer of one of Acura's worst-selling vehicles is now running the place. I certainly hope this only serves to help Acura, but it still makes me nervous.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Holy crap. I guess the saying is true: "best way to get promoted these days is to screw up". It seems the Corporate minds are in absolute control at Honda these days. 20-30 years ago engineering minds must have had majority say at Honda.

And since a few of y'all suggested the ZDX isn't so bad, I had to Google it because I don't recall ever seeing one.. holy crap is that one ugly pig! IMO the Crosstour is slightly less hideous!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ZDX was only ever good looking in one color... Black. I always felt that if batman drove a hatchback... the ZDX would be it.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
So looks like this recent hatch render was based on this black prototype then?

Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos {filename}

Back is too sloped making it look like some kind of crossover or newage SUV instead of a hatchback. BMW X6 anyone?

Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos {filename}

It needs a more traditional upright hatch like the 5th gen Civic (my favorite).

Honda Civic 10th gen Will the real 2016 Civic Hatchback 5-door please stand up?! New spy photos Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 7.41.15 AM

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
I would totally rock this the sedan already has me convinced the new civic is my next car add this hatch with added cargo space and I'm all in

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
i am curious to see how the new hatchback is going to come out. i'm hoping they find a way to get decent room in the back seats. i definitely think hatch backs come in handy and are a little more versatile as far as hauling things, etc. .. but many compact hatchbacks are so tight in the back seat. i don't like my 4.5 yr old son to be too crammed back there with his car seat.

haztorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM EX-T
i am curious to see how the new hatchback is going to come out. i'm hoping they find a way to get decent room in the back seats. i definitely think hatch backs come in handy and are a little more versatile as far as hauling things, etc. .. but many compact hatchbacks are so tight in the back seat. i don't like my 4.5 yr old son to be too crammed back there with his car seat.
Back seat room should be the same as the sedan, which is good-sized.

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
Back seat room should be the same as the sedan, which is good-sized.
that would be nice.

I have been on a test drive in the new civic sedan with my son and his car seat. plenty of room back there.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Anyone car to speculate what price ranges they think the hatchback will fall in? about the same as the sedan couple thousand more? 26,000 for a base model?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone car to speculate what price ranges they think the hatchback will fall in? about the same as the sedan couple thousand more? 26,000 for a base model?
We can probably look to the price differences Mazda uses between the hatch and sedan. Base model for 26k??? That's almost touring price. If they decide to do a full trim range for the hatch I'd expect it to maybe be a $500-800 price increase over the sedan. But I don't think they'll do a full range either. I'm think the hatch will skip over the base lx and ex models and come ext and up. So maybe around 23k at the cheapest.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
We can probably look to the price differences Mazda uses between the hatch and sedan. Base model for 26k??? That's almost touring price. If they decide to do a full trim range for the hatch I'd expect it to maybe be a $500-800 price increase over the sedan. But I don't think they'll do a full range either. I'm think the hatch will skip over the base lx and ex models and come ext and up. So maybe around 23k at the cheapest.
I hope they keep a 2.0 engine option with an EX. That's ideally what id like to get. Maybe they do an EX, EX-L and Touring.
Sponsored