Will the CTR be limited release or a production model?

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Nah they are just stressed out about the whole matter. He wants a Type R bad like most of us.
Agreed. The excitement and lack of info has gotten us all a tad testy with each other at times. I imagine we'll all calm down and start congratulating each other as soon as cars start rolling in.
Sponsored

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
Agreed. The excitement and lack of info has gotten us all a tad testy with each other at times. I imagine we'll all calm down and start congratulating each other as soon as cars start rolling in.
Yeah well I've had enough. I don't hear something by the 15th I'm going to the closest Honda Dealer and fling myself down in their driveway!!!!!! Gotta show these folks we mean business!!

SSBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic Si
KEEP THIS IN MIND!

Honda is not making CTRs for the means of making profit. This is a specialty car to continuously generate interest in the Honda legacy and Brand. Regular Civics and Accords are the bread and butter of Honda. This car is more for marketing purposes for them to show the world, they keep true to their racing heritage.
Honda needs to make a competitive and reliable engine for McLaren before they start touting their "racing heritage" line.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Based on the number of digits in the sequence number nameplate, there won't be more than 99,999 made. ;)

To put this into perspective, Honda sells about that many Civic of all trims every 90 days. It has been estimated that the number of Si sold is around 10% of the number of regular Civic trims. Based on this and the assumption that the Type R will sell less than the Si and the 6,000 number over the next 8 months that's been tossed around, I'd say the 5-digit sequence number will be adequate for the next decade!

Boba Debt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Long Bed, 2017 WRX STi
Country flag
This thread is stupid

Lets imagine that conversation at Honda's board room

"Hey let's sell the Type R in America but lets limit is to the initial 3000 units. We lose our ass on R&D but that will drum up civic business."

Then they put out this

"Let tell everyone that were going to send 6000 to America for the 2107 - 2018 model years, it will give people time to breath so they all won't pay those crazy ADMs"

Then a few days later they say

"I have great idea, lets announce that we plan to release more variants at different prices so the dealers so the dealers will sell even less of the 2017s, even though we know this will just be limited to the first run, in Merica"

In all my life I have never read so many cockamamie assumptions.

Use your brains people.

This will be on sale for many generations to come, hopefully they will get around to offering one in in a true Hatchback (Forcus RS style) instead of an over stylized 5 door sedan.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
This thread is stupid

Lets imagine that conversation at Honda's board room

"Hey let's sell the Type R in America but lets limit is to the initial 3000 units. We lose our ass on R&D but that will drum up civic business."

Then they put out this

"Let tell everyone that were going to send 6000 to America for the 2107 - 2018 model years, it will give people time to breath so they all won't pay those crazy ADMs"

Then a few days later they say

"I have great idea, lets announce that we plan to release more variants at different prices so the dealers so the dealers will sell even less of the 2017s, even though we know this will just be limited to the first run, in Merica"

In all my life I have never read so many cockamamie assumptions.

Use your brains people.

This will be on sale for many generations to come, hopefully they will get around to offering one in in a true Hatchback (Forcus RS style) instead of an over stylized 5 door sedan.

LOL i like your thinking... Everyone needs to take it as it currently is. There is no guarantees for anything in the future. all are rumors

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
In relation to the thread title this car is a regular production model coming off the line in the Swindon facility on a daily basis until the end of this Civic model run. A limited release really doesn't make sense seeing Honda has invested in the Swindon facility to make a North American version as well as the Ohio facility to build the earth dreams engines. The more they build the more they make use of their employees and tooling so as long as these cars sell there's no reason they would put any artificial caps on numbers produced.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
In relation to the thread title this car is a regular production model coming off the line in the Swindon facility on a daily basis until the end of this Civic model run. A limited release really doesn't make sense seeing Honda has invested in the Swindon facility to make a North American version as well as the Ohio facility to build the earth dreams engines. The more they build the more they make use of their employees and tooling so as long as these cars sell there's no reason they would put any artificial caps on numbers produced.

good speculation

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Well, except if the profit margin is too low or negative - I'm not talking about the stealership profit margin - The HONDA profit margin.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
It's available for sale and the assembly line is building them daily with all the other Civic hatches being built in the facility. That's fact. The only speculation is that it may be limited supply.
yes thats old news. its good speculation since we really don't know how many CTRs will be made total

SujetoTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit Sport
I vaguely recall a Honda executive, possible Sage Marie, stating Honda would produce as many Type Rs as the market could handle. The only source for the '6,000 CTRs for 2017 & 2018' that I know of is Honda Pro Jason who is a Honda salesman of Schaumburg Honda (per his YouTube channel but a search of the Schaumburg Honda website does not list him as a sales advisor).

Something tells me if Honda can sell 66,544 S2000s from 1999 through 2013 I'm having a difficult time believing the Type R will only have a two year run.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I'm hoping at least 1 more production year. I get my car paid off in September and planning to stash cash till least 2018 model years start to hit dealers so I can add in tax refund to my down payment.
Sponsored