Will the CTR be limited release or a production model?

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hi All,

Just curious whether or not anyone has firm details whether or not the CTR will be a limited run or if Honda will be producing it for a few years in the States?

Should I pull the trigger on one now or can I wait the hype and get one when things quiet down a bit?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
noone knows but my guess is they'll keep making it long as it sells. Current Civic is on a brand new life cycle, i dont see any reason for Honda to stop making a car that brings people in to dealers.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
Hi All,

Just curious whether or not anyone has firm details whether or not the CTR will be a limited run or if Honda will be producing it for a few years in the States?

Should I pull the trigger on one now or can I wait the hype and get one when things quiet down a bit?

Thoughts?
DONT WAIT! BUY NOW

nyuofa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, STI
As jonnys said, all speculation. You could, however, try to determine how many in the UK were produced? Or other regions of the world, to somehow 'predict' how many may in fact come over to the States, or how limited this car may be? But it will still be speculation more than anything.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
As jonnys said, all speculation. You could, however, try to determine how many in the UK were produced? Or other regions of the world, to somehow 'predict' how many may in fact come over to the States, or how limited this car may be? But it will still be speculation more than anything.
just base your answer off the older ITR numbers. just use your best judgement

OP
OP

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thank you all for the input and knowledgeable answers. I really appreciate all of you chiming in.

Gut tells me production will probably run for at least 3.5 - 4 years based on how long the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations ran for, plus the fact that it is a new platform for the US. Honda would want to run the cycle for as long as possible to have the highest ROI for each respective region. Just curious what others had in in their gut as well.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
Thank you all for the input and knowledgeable answers. I really appreciate all of you chiming in.

Gut tells me production will probably run for at least 3.5 - 4 years based on how long the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations ran for, plus the fact that it is a new platform for the US. Honda would want to run the cycle for as long as possible to have the highest ROI for each respective region. Just curious what others had in in their gut as well.
KEEP THIS IN MIND!

Honda is not making CTRs for the means of making profit. This is a specialty car to continuously generate interest in the Honda legacy and Brand. Regular Civics and Accords are the bread and butter of Honda. This car is more for marketing purposes for them to show the world, they keep true to their racing heritage.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
KEEP THIS IN MIND!

Honda is not making CTRs for the means of making profit. This is a specialty car to continuously generate interest in the Honda legacy and Brand. Regular Civics and Accords are the bread and butter of Honda. This car is more for marketing purposes for them to show the world, they keep true to their racing heritage.

no such thing as selling something as a loss for a publicly traded company. Business case showed profit hence we are receiving the model.

nyuofa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, STI
Like pimpin said (I like how that sounded haha), I doubt this car reaches production numbers close to any of the models in their current products lineup. Thats what the normal Civic, and Accord and Odyssey are for. High volume sales, low manufacturing costs = max profit.

Its fair to say individual dealerships will get a few a year, more if the dealership is a high volume dealer, and the CTR will be available for 2-3 years. If it does well here, then I'm sure with the next generation of the Civic, there will be a CTR sub-model as well. Honda has no idea how the CTR will do in the States, and it seems like they're trying to dip into the 'lower $ entry point' 'sporty' car market. Its a great time to be a car enthusiast in this country.

There will definitely be opportunity to get one.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
no such thing as selling something as a loss for a publicly traded company. Business case showed profit hence we are receiving the model.
BRO! read the context again!

no one ever said they are selling the car at a LOSS... honda didn't have the mindset of making the CTR to make big bucks

IMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GLI, 2017 Civic Type R
LOTS of companies (many public) sell for a loss.

On a smaller scale, this is called "Loss Leaders":
https://www.inc.com/encyclopedia/loss-leader-pricing.html

On a bigger scale, its used for grabbing market share away from competitors, or in some cases, meeting Federal requirements.
http://www.reuters.com/article/chrsyelr-ceo-evs-idUSL1N0O71MS20140521

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
They totally make money on this car. Ain't no LFA dude.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag