Will the civic ever get the recognition it deserves?

1. NoHonor937

NoHonor937 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
    Anyone know if the regular civic and si will ever not be looked down upon due to the stereotypes associated with it? 10th gen seemed to change a lot of people’s minds but I got a comment the other day about how my car was a cheap pos and I didn’t really have a response to that. What do you guys say to haters?

flashcash, saz468 and MutatedMango thanked this.
  2. alias Igme

alias Igme Senior Member

Car(s):
    Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
    Why be bothered? They are not paying for your car anyway.
    You would not choose the car if you did did not like it.

CVTsport18, civicls, totopo and 3 others thanked this.
  3. blackie X

blackie X Senior Member

First Name:
    tony
    Car(s):
    2009 civic 2017 civic si
    if someone said something like that to me i would just get in my car and drive away, i could care less what some person who i don't even know has to say to me about anything in life especially about my car:flame:. If it was someone i knew who said it i would simple say "FU" and go about my day

4. gtman

gtman Senior Member

CivicX addict
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Car(s):
    2017 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-L
    This generation of Civic has gotten tons of recognition, such as North American Car of the Year. Anybody that knows anything about cars, knows the Civic X is outstanding. That person who said it was a cheap pos was just a jealous hater. Don't let people like that get to you.

grumpyguy6, Froggie, TPA_CivicSi and 5 others thanked this.
  5. saz468

saz468 Senior Member

First Name:
    Stan
    Car(s):
    2018 civic ext coupe
    When I told a friend I was buying a Honda Civic he rolled his eyes and said why not get a mustang or camaro. And added that it was just a crap box when I showed him my. Civic his mind was changed he didn’t realize that it was turbocharged and the design of the coupe blew his mind and all the other goodies after he drove it he loved it a few weeks later he traded his 2014 Toyota Camry for a civic hatchback

6. BrianDevin

BrianDevin Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 EX HatchWagon
    It's a side effect of the Fast and Furious days at this point. Hard to tell if it's ever going away so I just deal with it while I'm in MS

CVTsport18 thanked this.
  7. MutatedMango

MutatedMango Senior Member

Student
    Car(s):
    '19 Civic Si coupe
    Man it's better not to worry about things. The Civic is a legendary car and has hurt many MANY feelings on tracks, backroads, drag strips, and highways all over the world. It has a metric crap ton of racing heritage and is loved and adored by millions around the world. Obviously, it will get hate from people.

Froggie, Captaindicki, CVTsport18 and 2 others thanked this.
  8. charleswrivers

charleswrivers Senior Member

EMNCS(SS)
    First Name:
    Charles
    Car(s):
    '14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
    Because many of the nice new Civics today will be 3rd hand Civics a teen can afford to buy... weld a fart can on and annoy the neighbors in 10+ years. It's interior will rattle everywhere. It's clear coat will be shot.

Why? As with all Civics that came before it... it's probably (and hopefully still) it's a good little car that'll keep running with minimal maintenance. I see plenty of "cheap POS" 15-20 year old Civics still on the road. I see older Toyotas too. Less so other makes that are that age doing DD duty, other than pickup trucks who maintain their utility as rough and tumble work vehicles enough to keep them running.

So don't worry about those folks. The mantle of "cheap POS" is hard earned. There are a lot of other cars that don't last long enough to make it there.

grumpyguy6, xbbnx, MutatedMango and 5 others thanked this.
  9. Lukifer

Lukifer Senior Member

First Name:
    Luke
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Si
    The only reason someone would say that to you is because they are trying to hurt your feelings. He's got some past beef with Civics for some reason, so he's taking it out on you.

We all know where the Civic stands compared to other cars in the price range. Yes, it is on the lower end of the scale when looking at overall new car prices ranging from 15k - 250k... but expensive does not equal reliability (which is basically the universal scale for judging a cars value).

I'd rather drive a cheap POS than an expensive POS.

Don't worry about him. He probably drives a Charger.

xbbnx, Zatannaz, MutatedMango and 3 others thanked this.
  10. coo1rim

coo1rim Senior Member

driver
    Car(s):
    1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic LX
    Being someone who looks like trouble, I usually don't get those fun comments that would make my day. If I know the guy, I'd ask him to ride shotgun with me. Probably would change his mind or make him shit himself. Otherwise, would educated him about his own ride.

11. nothome17

nothome17 Senior Member

Car(s):
    92' GSR, 00' GSR, 06' TSX, 08' TL Type S, 2017 S3
    It's a nice cheap project car for whomever with tons of aftermarket parts. Ricer reputation will not go away anytime soon.

MutatedMango thanked this.
  12. 2112

2112 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
    A guy with a Camry was giving you shit about buying a Civic? That makes no sense at all. It's like someone with an Accord giving somebody shit for buying a Corolla.

13. saz468

saz468 Senior Member

First Name:
    Stan
    Car(s):
    2018 civic ext coupe
    Yeah and it was a base model Camry. Btw 2112 are you a rush fan :thumbsup:

14. VarmintCong

VarmintCong Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 6MT Sport hatch
    I came from two BMWs and I love the Civic, cause while the sheet metal might be thin and it rattles, buzzes more than the BMWs did, the engine is really impressive, I can't get over how nice an engine it is for a $21k car. I don't miss the BMWs, and that says a lot. To me, a car that does everything I want for $21k, is a lot more impressive than a car that does it all for $40-50k. But you're not gonna convince badge hounds.

MutatedMango, Captaindicki and saz468 thanked this.
  15. herox

herox Senior Member

Car(s):
    '18 Civic SI
    I don't think so. People (including the ones on this forum) like to rag on the looks, the turbo, the lower red line, and the lack of VTEC.

I wouldn't pay them any attention though. The car overall is an excellent package and I can't think of any other car in the price range I would rather have.

MutatedMango and oliviaiiii thanked this.