Wifi on hotspot issue

Piepal

First Name
Pietro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback sport plus
Hi friends, today my head unit wont connect to internet via my phone hotspot. The connection via wifi is ok, I see full bars but I don't have internet connection. Obviously the phone is ok and 4g is working on it. My civic was rooted with honda hack and Lspeed tweak app is installed on. Maybe this? Yesterday it worked flawlessly. Does anyone have this issue? Thanks
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hi friends, today my head unit wont connect to internet via my phone hotspot. The connection via wifi is ok, I see full bars but I don't have internet connection. Obviously the phone is ok and 4g is working on it. My civic was rooted with honda hack and Lspeed tweak app is installed on. Maybe this? Yesterday it worked flawlessly. Does anyone have this issue? Thanks
If the HU can connect to WiFi, then your Phone is just another Wifi and it should eb able to connected.
GO into the HU Connections, Wifi, and get it to scan again for your Phone's wifi.
Make 100% your phone is set to be in HotSpot Mode, and is set to be VISIBLE to others.
Also, make sure your HU is trying to connected with the correct HotSpot Password.
(Phone will display password in advance settings of HotSpot settings).

If HU can see phone but not connect, tell phone to FORGET the HU, and then re-scan.
When it finds the Phone, you will then need to re-enter the CORRECT phone Hotspot password.

Still having problems ?

(1) Try another Phone.
(b) Try connecting another phone to your original phone's Hotspot.

WHAT did you change do, between the time it worked, and then when it stopped working ???

OP
OP

Piepal

First Name
Pietro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your reply. One hour ago my HU connected to internet without problems. After a telephone call it lost internet connection again. So, as far I can see the wifi is at full signal, bluetooth is working but if I need browser or another internet access service it gives me back a server timeout error.
I tried everything you wrote me in your post but nothing. What can I do? Maybe Lspeed tweak app? I never changed anything.

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thank you for your reply. One hour ago my HU connected to internet without problems. After a telephone call it lost internet connection again. So, as far I can see the wifi is at full signal, bluetooth is working but if I need browser or another internet access service it gives me back a server timeout error.
I tried everything you wrote me in your post but nothing. What can I do? Maybe Lspeed tweak app? I never changed anything.
Try UnInstalling Lspeed.

Most of these so called "Speed Up" apps, actually slow down your Phone, as well as flooding you with Ads.
Uninstall it ... you can always re-install it later if you want.

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag
What do we gain by having the head unit tethered to WiFi?

OP
OP

Piepal

First Name
Pietro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We can download, install and use apps that require internet connection like waze or alike.

OP
OP

Piepal

First Name
Pietro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I obviously do not watch videos or browse web pages when I'm driving my car...

OP
OP

Piepal

First Name
Pietro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes but waze in my case doesn't work good on my samsung. The head unit version works for me.

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Are there any updates on this issue? I know the post is over a year old...
I just got Honda Hack installed 2 days ago. Under home Wifi all was fine, took it for a drive the same night out to dinner, all worked on the way to the restaurant, all fine driving back home (always connected to my iphone 11 PRO hotspot), next morning driving to work nothing, connected via wifi, perfect signal but no internet, driving home from work it was working, this morning zero again... Maybe it's not a morning person??

I've tried the following to "reset":

Rebooted the HU holding power button
Rebooted the phone
Turned hot spot on and off
Changed hotspot name and reconnected to the phone
Deleted the hotspot from the HU and reconnected
Cleared app chache on HU
Killed all apps on HU (boost version)

Internet is working fine on the phone, the HU is getting no connectione even if it is connected to the hotspot at full signal.

Don't know what to do more.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Only App I have installed from honda hack is Netflix.
Sponsored