WiFi not Automatically picking up from iPhone

flipfloplife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL
iPhone 6s, 2016 EX, Honda Hack. In order to use the phone tether wifi for Waze I have to go to the wifi hotspot page on the phone every time. I'd like it to just pick up the wifi every time on it's own instead. Go to the hotspot page on iPhone? Picks up every time and works great.

I'd much prefer to just use Apple CarPlay but it just drops out ALL the time and drives me nuts. so this is my answer, would be ok enough except having to do a couple button pushes EVERY TIME to get the wifi hook.

thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think its a iOS issue, my 6s and iPhone X both require me to turn off the hotspot and then turn the hotspot back on to get my car to connect .

Whenever I pull into my driveway and I'm not connected to my phone the car always connects to my home wifi network without fail.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s a security and battery thing with IOS. If you forget and leave your hotspot on, it goes to sleep if nothing is connected. So, yes, you’ll have to go to the hotspot page every time to connect.

I for one am thankful it’s that way. Annoying, but I like the battery savings and the fact I’m not walking around broadcasting a hotspot for someone to hack into.

OP
OP

flipfloplife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL
Right -- so android has some utility stuff like "Triggers" or something --- might allow us to set something up where "xxxx network inquires, auto-approve". I mean i'm about to the point where i'd be willing to get a data puck just to not have to do it every time. Verizon data puck for like $20 a month? is that a thing? i mean if it's not solvable via phone ...
Sponsored