WIFI Connection problem.

Crave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
I have 2016 Civic EX-L.
Tried multiple times to connect with my iPhone (6sPlus 9.2) with car to use the browser, weather, and etc...,but it never works. I did every steps roght, but it shows unable to connect this time. Does anyone know how to fix??
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Is the iPhone enabled as a hotspot? Have you successfully used it as a hotspot with any other device besides the car? Does the car see it? I'm not sure you provide enough information for people to help much.

OP
OP

Crave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Is the iPhone enabled as a hotspot? Have you successfully used it as a hotspot with any other device besides the car? Does the car see it? I'm not sure you provide enough information for people to help much.
Yes, I've been using hotspot with my laptop and ipad from my iPhone. the car sees it and once the password are typed car try to connect, and it seems connetcted (phone shows a devoce connected). However unable to connect massage comes out and it fails.

Last edited:

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Curious, slightly off topic... What are the advantages of having the car on Wifi while driving? Or even when not?

My Civic is connected to my house Wifi (in my optimistic hopes that Honda will want to push an update or something..), but I haven't tried with my hotspot yet. I did load a few websites in the built-in (and outdated) browser, but that got old quickly.

OP
OP

Crave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Curious, slightly off topic... What are the advantages of having the car on Wifi while driving? Or even when not?

My Civic is connected to my house Wifi (in my optimistic hopes that Honda will want to push an update or something..), but I haven't tried with my hotspot yet. I did load a few websites in the built-in (and outdated) browser, but that got old quickly.
I want to utilize all features my civic has. Without hotspot connection I cant use honda link nor aha app

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I want to utilize all features my civic has. Without hotspot connection I cant use honda link nor aha app
You don't need a hotspot to utilize those. Bluetooth is sufficient.

OP
OP

Crave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
You don't need a hotspot to utilize those. Bluetooth is sufficient.
How didnyou restart the info system?? The wi-fi seems connent when I attempt but drop the connection and "unable to connect.... "Massage keep pops up.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
How didnyou restart the info system?? The wi-fi seems connent when I attempt but drop the connection and "unable to connect.... "Massage keep pops up.
Press and hold the power button till it asks if you want to restart.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Mine is having this problem after a couple days of using wifi. It worked before just fine, now it doesn't work. I am getting really angry with this stone aged honda infotainment system.
Everything says it connecting, it even show that is has a good connection. I tried rebooting several times, deleting and readding the wifi hotspot, everything and no luck. I really hate this right now.
Sponsored