Wife allowed to touch the car?

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
I let my wife drive my car whenever she wants but she doesn't get to do it very much as I'm in it for 3 hours a day to and from work. The last time she drove it she got caught in a thunderstorm with hail... It took me about 2 months before I noticed the hail dings in it when I was giving it a summer wash/wax.

For me the Si is just a tool to get me from point A to point B in an efficient and comfortable manner. I'll probably put about 160,000 more miles on it in the next 4 years so other than keeping up with the maintenance on it I don't spend a lot of time washing/waxing/cleaning it as it's basically just a burner car to get me through the next few years.

I'll admit that I am looking forward to washing it next month though to get all of the Minnesota winter grime off it and see to what it looks like clean again for at least a few days. :)
Sponsored

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
"Its just a civic" - makes me cringe just a little making my right eye twitch.

Wife is "allowed" to drive my Si MT anytime , she has her own key and used to drive a Nissan 200sx mt. She "understands" its "just a car" but its MY car and treats it the same way I treat it as I treat her own Honda better than she does. as long as you both know, understand, and respect each others stuff then ALL IS IN HARMONY, if not @#"!! Will result.

I hope all of you can find that Harmony. now I have to go tell the wife I bought a ktuner, rear window spoiler, ultra racing strut bar, and a bunch of other stuff for my Si

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
i let my wifey drive my cars around, i taught her how to drive manual on my 09 EX. she even took the SI with her girlfriend to Vermont for a baby shower last summer, she knows how i keep my cars so it came back sparkling clean. in the end it is just a car, and if i drink to much one night i can have her drive us home.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
I might be generalizing here, but men generally see cars differently from women (might not be true for everyone, but I've seen this a lot):

Guys: cars are like ongoing projects - we keep them neat and clean. Cars are cars: only essential items are inside the cabin - if they are not, at least they blend in. Dash cam (and on some guys phone holders) are usually placed on non-intrusive places. Some guys have no food policies in cars.

Ladies: cars are extension of the house. Multiple bags, make up kits, shoes, and slippers are common sights. Screw no-food policies. Sometimes, you will find tissue holders and mini garbage bin.
They could be driving an SUV and still manage to fill-it up with stuffs - The only time guys can fill an SUV with as much stuffs is if we are hauling in a dining table or a Christmas tree :p

Last edited:

ronny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Coupe
Country flag
If I don't let my wife touch my car, how will she wash it?

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What if I am the wife WITH the Hatch? LOL

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What if I am the wife WITH the Hatch? LOL
Then time to put the below theory into test - I know my wife's SUV hits some of these :p

Ladies: cars are extension of the house. Multiple bags, make up kits, shoes, and slippers are common sights. Screw no-food policies. Sometimes, you will find tissue holders and mini garbage bin.
They could be driving an SUV and still manage to fill-it up with stuffs - The only time guys can fill an SUV with as much stuffs is if we are hauling in a dining table or a Christmas tree :p

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I personally don't fall under that bracket of female so I don't have to worry about making my Hatch messy. There should be another thread titled "Do you let your kids ride in your car?".

That's scarier, LOL.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I personally don't fall under that bracket of female so I don't have to worry about making my Hatch messy. There should be another thread titled "Do you let your kids ride in your car?".

That's scarier, LOL.
I was just kidding on that ;) and yeah that would be a scary thread. Then again, I also see a potential for jokes there.
Sponsored