Wife allowed to touch the car?

1. racer

racer Senior Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si sedan. I drive a manual not because it is easy.. but because it is fun
    Lots of issues going on here OP that might best be worked out with a professional. ;)

That said, my wife has driven a stick since she got her license. She is my wife. She does drive my car on occasion, but prefers her own car. She's driven all of my stick shift cars over the years. When we first met, her VW was a stick. My kids will learn to drive stick as well. They may even learn on my Si, since my other stick car is almost 50 years old.

2. NotSerious

NotSerious Senior Member

First Name:
    No
    Car(s):
    2018CivicLXSedanCVT
    #17 NotSerious, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    It is just a Civic. Not an NSX. They are used to commute and drive to the mall. Once you have had someone rear-end you or open their door into yours in a parking lot or a shopping cart rolls into it, you will become less anal about it.

These cars are meant to be used. They are never going to appreciate and become a collectors item because they are too numerous and too budget oriented. Take reasonable precautions, but don't go overboard. 20 years from now it will be rusting in a scrapyard. It certainly isn't worth risking your marriage over.

3. ShuJam

ShuJam Senior Member

First Name:
    James
    Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
    Or you would get a broken leg into your broken face from the airbag going off.

4. SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS Senior Member

First Name:
    Geoff
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
    My wife is allowed and encouraged to touch anything of mine, and I am allowed and encouraged to touch anything of hers. (Cars included !! )

Makes for a Happy Marriage ;)

defeated and Civics4Ever thanked this.
  5. SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS Senior Member

First Name:
    Geoff
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
    I was with you, all the way to the last line ...

CPA - makes a high stress job worth it ?? I had never though of being a CPA as a High Stress Job... The things one can learn on the CivicX Forum ;)

Enjoy your car :)

kg4fxg thanked this.
  6. SI_honda_2k17

SI_honda_2k17 Senior Member

Car(s):
    Honda civic si
    It’s just a civic so yes she drives my car