Wife allowed to touch the car?

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Yeah, this should get attention. I am a bit OCD about clean. Brushes to dust, vacuum almost daily. No finger prints. Yeah. Car is a two weeks old and no one has been inside. So do you let your wife even touch it?

Love to detail the car. Mostly use Griots products/tools. Not sold on any one product but like having nice tools to keep car clean. I park in the garage. Wife parks outside. Her interior is a disaster. When we go out we take her car. I fill it up for her. She could careless so it is not a problem. I just can't function without a clean car, stressful job and long commute.

Do you let your wife drive your car? I guess we have an interesting platonic marriage of 27 years. But then it overflows to the house. Common rooms and mine and hers. Mine massively organized and minimalist verses hording. Or junk accumulation.

To me the car is a sanctuary. Almost religious. Click heels together before getting in and limit dirt. One benefit is trade in time. Car looks like day I bought it or better. Do you all struggle with this? Clean? Or do you just let the kids in and allow throwing of food and crap?

Currently, only two car family but I have had three cars. Have to have one that is just mine. Total control over clean. I guess I can't understand why people like to drive dirty cars? Yes, you can't keep the outside clean all the time but you can keep the inside clean.

Do any struggle with this issue? Struggles with wife and car? Mine is not too bad. Idiosyncrasies. Alternative? Stop working a high paying job and work at Walmart or something and get on with life?

Is your car a sanctuary for peace of mind? Or just a car? My car is therapy. Jump in and I listen to my Opera. I have found similar folks but they drive Mercedes, BMW, and the like. After all, I spend two hours a day in the car. Better than any meds and I take none.
Sponsored

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You sound like a blast at parties.

minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag
Yeah, this should get attention. I am a bit OCD about clean. Brushes to dust, vacuum almost daily. No finger prints. Yeah. Car is a two weeks old and no one has been inside. So do you let your wife even touch it?

Love to detail the car. Mostly use Griots products/tools. Not sold on any one product but like having nice tools to keep car clean. I park in the garage. Wife parks outside. Her interior is a disaster. When we go out we take her car. I fill it up for her. She could careless so it is not a problem. I just can't function without a clean car, stressful job and long commute.

Do you let your wife drive your car? I guess we have an interesting platonic marriage of 27 years. But then it overflows to the house. Common rooms and mine and hers. Mine massively organized and minimalist verses hording. Or junk accumulation.

To me the car is a sanctuary. Almost religious. Click heels together before getting in and limit dirt. One benefit is trade in time. Car looks like day I bought it or better. Do you all struggle with this? Clean? Or do you just let the kids in and allow throwing of food and crap?

Currently, only two car family but I have had three cars. Have to have one that is just mine. Total control over clean. I guess I can't understand why people like to drive dirty cars? Yes, you can't keep the outside clean all the time but you can keep the inside clean.

Do any struggle with this issue? Struggles with wife and car? Mine is not too bad. Idiosyncrasies. Alternative? Stop working a high paying job and work at Walmart or something and get on with life?

Is your car a sanctuary for peace of mind? Or just a car? My car is therapy. Jump in and I listen to my Opera. I have found similar folks but they drive Mercedes, BMW, and the like. After all, I spend two hours a day in the car. Better than any meds and I take none.
I am not married but i will agree with you to a point, i keep my cars clean....i mean clean: Griots sealer wax with Chemical guys butter wax on top, 303 on the dash, vac the interior every week, glass clean the windows, rainx the out side, bushes for the dash and vents etc.... I am car guy worked at the dealership years ago and now corporately for a oem. I typically don't like people riding in my car for the same reason. Dont get me wrong... for the people that i know that respect my car like i do, i welcome them all day long no problem... but for the ones that get in my car for 5 mins with muddy feet or scratch up the kick panels and the trim...Hell no! LOL i worked hard to keep my "investment/liability" lol in good shape. As for my girlfriend at the moment, i let her get away with dirty feet every now and then (rubber floor mats ftw) lol but at this point she has been pretty good so far... so i best not complain ! LOL :thumbsup:

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wife and I are the only ones in our house (two teenagers) who drive my car. One of the main reasons I bought the stick was to exclude the teens from driving it! Sometimes my wife takes the car and when she returns I always give it a once over. Just the other day when I heard her pull up, I looked out the window and saw my daughter close the door with her foot! I don't think I've ever gone down the stairs that fast!

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exactly how I feel about this topic. Watch, and you might learn a thing or two:

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, the wife is not into cars. As long as there is always one there with gas I am good. Occasionally, she will ask me to detail her car and so I do. I am sure I am an ass, I don't like feet on the dash or windows. When we dated 30 years ago she had to click her heels together before getting in the car. And don't touch anything. Daughter does it as well. I just like a clean car. No butt prints on the glass, no foot prints on the ceiling. Also, when we met she drove a stick. I like that idea but in my case having a stick would not be a deterrent.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I used to live in a house my car got washed once or twice a week and detailed as needed. I would never let bird crap stay on her more than the amount of time it took me to get to a hose. The interior was kept cleaned and wiped down of any dust, carpet was vacuumed every week at least once if not more as needed. Glass was kept clean as I had smudges or any finger prints.. Only certain ppl are allowed in the car and they know the rules, no food is allowed to be eaten in the car and any drinks must be in a spill proof container. I live in an apartment now so keeping the outside clean is very hard especially during the winter. I do still take it by a local car wash that has spray hoses I can use and bring my own towels and sponge to wipe her down with. The interior I still have plenty of control over and though I cannot use the actual full size vac and its attachments anymore. I do have a small handheld min vac that does a pretty good job. I have never been married and out of the girls I have dated, almost none of them could understand why I was so strict about keeping my car clean and in good shape... usually caused a little friction as they kept their own cars a wreck inside and out... I have tried to keep my cars very clean for as long as I can remember (Scion tC, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Honda CR-Z, Honda Civic Coupe and the current Honda Civic Hatch). With all the chaos in life and things that cannot be controlled.. its nice to have some control over something at least.. even if for now its only the inside of the car :p hopefully I will have a house again someday and when I do I can go back to washing my ride each week and keeping her super clean... and as a plus I will say.. doing on this work does killer things for resale / trade value. My last 2 cars especially, I was given a good deal more than trade value on them due to their low miles and excellent condition.

-R

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I think how you deal with these things speaks more about yourself and less about others. I think everyone has there level or keeping things their way. I dont let my wife wash her car or mine because I know she will go to an automated place and that is a big no no. Other than that, she can drive my car, park it and she can eat in my car. When you have a newborn, being anal about trying to keep a clean car will make you crazy and is just a losing battle.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stick shift saves cars from most women and thieves.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the longest time, only I would drive my cars and my wife wouldn't want to drive them. Mostly because they were manuals. But after seeing my Si, she wanted to learn how to drive manual. Long story short, she wanted an Si, so I bought her one. Now she has her own she can practice on and modify to her own liking. She doesn't want to drive mine because it's scarier than hers (more power) and lower. She's scared to scrape the splitter and whatnot. I encouraged her to learn and was more than happy to teach her. It is far better to have a wife into cars who has better understanding of the passion and love for them, than a wife who hates you spending all your money and time on them. Happy Wife = Happy Life.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My wife isn't into cars much but she did drive a stick when we met. A Toyota Corolla and one that had no carpet. All vinyl flooring of sorts. I am sure some remember those. Bare bones at best. On weekends I fill her car up when I make the grocery run. She never pumps gas. I do all the cooking, cleaning, finances, laundry, etc. Sounds like there is not much in it for me? But after 30 years it works. I am OCD about the car. She eats breakfast in her CAR and it is not very clean. Cars are a hobby. Something to do. I clean and organize everything.

As to new borns? I used to pick up my daughter and did the whole baby carrier. When she was older I got her a milk shake and she dumped it over her head. The vehicle was a Toyota Tundra TRD. Thankfully I had the the optional rear seat covers. But then, as I have often been accused, the daughter can do no wrong. It is just the way it is.

On the upside. I drive 35 miles to work or 70 miles a day. The wife drive 5 miles to work. So we always use her car on weekends. The more I run miles up on my car the sooner I get another car. Which has fed into I am the only one in my car and hence OCD about clean. But I have always been that way. Fortunately, it works. PM me if you disagree. I can clean the car as much as I like. Two hours a day it is my sanctuary. Place for clarity and thought. High stress job I need a place to decompress. So far I have the car and my office at home. My personal space and that is important. Any alternative? I quit my job and nice salary and work at Walmart making the same salary as the wife and have a dirty car. And a short commute to work!

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
That's why I got a manual. Women don't even ask lol....when I had my acura I had a date put her feet on my dash. Needless to say first and last date
Ugh feet on the dash people are the literal worst! Anyone who attempts that shit in my car gets a brake tap warning. usually a forehead to their knee cap ends that shit real fast.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh feet on the dash people are the literal worst! Anyone who attempts that shit in my car gets a brake tap warning. usually a forehead to their knee cap ends that shit real fast.
I don't understand what the phenomenon is. If an accident happened you'd just go through the windshield
Sponsored