Why there so much Hate on the CTR?

daymiel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si stock
Country flag
Personally I dont care why people hate the car so much but it just made me curious and i even saw a video yesterday from youtube titled "don't buy the CTR". I was like what the hell is wrong with these people. Why waste your time bashing the car? Or is it that bad that they telling you NOT to buy it? Is it because its a japanese car? Or maybe the CTR blew all these cars on the nurburging (STI, FoRS, GolfR). I remember one of my guys telling me "it doesnt matter if its fast on the RING its still a civic". Surely there is a lot of hate on the brand. I work in the automotive industry for 10+ years and i have never seen hate like this especially for honda. Bmw, ford and the others sucks but they are not hated like this. Tell me thoughts.
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
mostly because people hate on FWD and another the way this car looks bring out some deep seeded emotions on people.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is human nature to not like change and with that comes a lot of criticism. The people I have met in person with my car, even the STi and RS owners/fans, compliment it and seem to really like it. They mentioned they may not care for this or that, but overall I've received positive remarks. 90% of the time people tend to have tact and manners when talking face to face keeping such black and white opinions and negativity from rolling off their tongues, but give the same people a virtual barrier like the internet and it's completely different. That's the world we live in.

Edit: To add, so many Honda fans seem to live in the past and want the same size and look of the older models like the S2K, Integra, Prelude, etc. Times change, engineering changes, etc.

OP
OP

daymiel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si stock
Country flag
mostly because people hate on FWD and another the way this car looks bring out some deep seeded emotions on people.
I know that you cannot please anybody but why bash it? I just simply dont get it. Dont buy the car for all i care. And people are stupid they dont realize power to ratio is king in the track.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I know that you cannot please anybody but why bash it? I just simply dont get it. Dont buy the car for all i care. And people are stupid they dont realize power to ratio is king in the track.
we live in america... land of people caring and hating things that has zero relevance in their lives.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a term for these people: "keyboard warriors, keyboard racers, trolls...." the list can keep going.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
we live in america... land of people caring and hating things that has zero relevance in their lives.
I'm 'murican and this offends me. Boostlag is treading on my freedoms by offending me. BTW, I have the right to be offended because it's my freedom and 'murica.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Because apparently only RWD and AWD are the only ones that can be made into a nice and fast cars. Oh, and because people are so stuck at cars having to look like 90's styling. They are not ready and do not accept changes.

NorcalCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #3855, 2007 Honda Civic Si, 2001 Honda Civic EX (Sold)
Country flag
People will say it's a "Civic" or it's "FWD". At that point, I don't even bother with those kinds of people since they're ignorant. If the CTR is faster on the Nurburgring compared to the RS, STI and Golf R, then what does that say about AWD? You got some fast RWD cars that can't beat the CTR Nurburgring time also. Everyone on the forum knows this CTR is something special and that's all that matters!

OP
OP

daymiel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si stock
Country flag
The image is kind of ruined by those fart can $800 Civics for the most part.
Yeah i was thinking about that too but other ricers do it too on fords, chevs, dodges and etc.

OP
OP

daymiel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si stock
Country flag

This guy didnt even drive the car so i dont how he arrived with this conclusion.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It also means less people in line buying them so us enthusiasts can get to them faster and easier :)

P.S. I am dying a little everyday until the Canadian launch and release happens hahahahaha. I may be third in line at my dealer but I am happy I am not like 5th or 6th lol

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR (CW)
It is human nature to not like change and with that comes a lot of criticism. The people I have met in person with my car, even the STi and RS owners/fans, compliment it and seem to really like it. They mentioned they may not care for this or that, but overall I've received positive remarks. 90% of the time people tend to have tact and manners when talking face to face keeping such black and white opinions and negativity from rolling off their tongues, but give the same people a virtual barrier like the internet and it's completely different. That's the world we live in.

Edit: To add, so many Honda fans seem to live in the past and want the same size and look of the older models like the S2K, Integra, Prelude, etc. Times change, engineering changes, etc.
I totally agree, especially on the last point even if I can't grasp the mindset as well. Some of the common gripes I hear are about the FWD nature, slow 0-60 times, or electronic parking brake but I don't understand why any of that should matter. When has the Civic ever been a rally car, a straight line car, or a drift car?

The CTR is a circuit car built with Honda's latest engine technology using the Civic chassis. I actually like how everything is electronic now because it means we can get a car like this with multiple personalities (Comfort, Sport, +R modes) and a lot of the tedium becomes done for you with systems like brake hold and auto parking brake when you stop the car and take off your seat belt. It's a really, really fun street car that can also play on the track and still serve as a utility hatchback for you and your family.

As someone who has owned a K20 Si and S2000, I will definitely miss the sound of revving to 9k. But I sure do appreciate the torque and pick up of the new turbo motors, so it's a give and take. Living in the world of nostalgia is just going to set yourself up for disappointment. The CTR is an amazingly engineered car that gives an immense value for the price (MSRP that is).
Sponsored