Why isn’t the coupe popular

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
So crazy how times have changed in the Civics hey-day back in the early 90s everyone wanted coupes!!! Coupes were thought to be lighter and faster than 4 doors. It was even cool to see sedan all fixed up and turbo charged...funny how times change!!!! I'm
#TeamCoupe
Yeah. The people driving sedans in high school were driving their parent's cars. This was when EGs and Del Slows were king...
Sponsored

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Didn’t want to start a new thread so posted on here I was at Walmart parking lot took this picture 8th,9th and 10th gen civic coupes

2F0EBC67-3BAA-4B00-96A4-67B008D33186.jpeg
Lol I saw a 9th gen coupe yesterday and laughed cause it looked terrible compared to new gen. Then again when next gen comes out our shot gonna look bad too probably

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Didn’t want to start a new thread so posted on here I was at Walmart parking lot took this picture 8th,9th and 10th gen civic coupes

2F0EBC67-3BAA-4B00-96A4-67B008D33186.jpeg
Yours looks the best. :)

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Like a veloster three door or like the Rx8( which was 4 doors ) and a better looking design than the veloster my opinion

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
I want a coupe body style with the front of the hatch (and maybe the rear fake grill of the hatch too), and a hidden (not so noticeable) rear passenger door. I don’t like to be moving my seats everytime a passenger needs to go in or out.

.... some of you might think i am crazy ;)

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I want a coupe body style with the front of the hatch (and maybe the rear fake grill of the hatch too), and a hidden (not so noticeable) rear passenger door. I don’t like to be moving my seats everytime a passenger needs to go in or out.

.... some of you might think i am crazy ;)
If Honda went with a three door coupe design on the civic. In my opinion they should make it a hardtop design so you wouldn’t have a door post ( they won’t have a hardtop) but I always thought the Saturn 3 door coupe design wasn’t bad

Honda Civic 10th gen Why isn’t the coupe popular AE04C473-7B56-48EB-A990-5BB055B95D60

SavagePavich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
I'll just repeat what everyone else said, coupes are impractical for a lot of people and given that the civic is the ultimate econo-grocery-box it makes sense they'd just snag the sedan or the base hatch. I always feel bad packing my friends into the backseats of my car, most of them have their heads pressing up on the roof and I can see the discomfort in their eyes lol.

Now I'd trade in for the sports hatch but thanks to the coupe people have stopped asking for free rides, so I'm conflicted.
:dance:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I'll just repeat what everyone else said, coupes are impractical for a lot of people and given that the civic is the ultimate econo-grocery-box it makes sense they'd just snag the sedan or the base hatch. I always feel bad packing my friends into the backseats of my car, most of them have their heads pressing up on the roof and I can see the discomfort in their eyes lol.

Now I'd trade in for the sports hatch but thanks to the coupe people have stopped asking for free rides, so I'm conflicted.
How big are your friends? I'm fat and tall and I still have decent room in the back seat. At least if the person in front isn't sitting all the way back. Headroom is definitely not an issue for me and I'm nearly 6`

That being said, one of the reasons I got a coupe was so I didn't have to be a chauffeur so the fact that people actually can fit in the back is my dirty little secret.

SavagePavich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How big are your friends? I'm fat and tall and I still have decent room in the back seat. At least if the person in front isn't sitting all the way back. Headroom is definitely not an issue for me and I'm nearly 6`
They're all over 6'3", just like me. We've found that if you slouch a little and lean back you can put your head closer to the back window and get some extra space.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
They're all over 6'3", just like me. We've found that if you slouch a little and lean back you can put your head closer to the back window and get some extra space.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
How do you fit in the drivers seat lol. I barely have enough headroom. I definitely can't sit up straight.

SavagePavich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How do you fit in the drivers seat lol. I barely have enough headroom. I definitely can't sit up straight.
Drivers seat isn't too bad because I can play with it and tilt the base upward so it sits more like a bucket seat, if that makes sense. Passenger obviously doesn't have this option in the LX model, and rear sucks for room regardless, even more so when you're packing a bunch of full grown Canadian dudes in there.

I mean I could have purchased the sedan but the coupe drives so much better IMO :headbang:

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

If I had to take more than one person they want to take another car because of the back seat in the coupe. I look at it this way “ I’m putting less miles on my car “
Sponsored