saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I have also figured out that with her coupe I will be switching to the si sway bars since she has been saying body roll. So that is one upgrade that is happening besides foglight kit.
Would si sway bars make a difference with stock ext rims ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like I mentioned before Rick, it's the same turbo engine, same transmission and essentially the same weight and suspension. The only real variable is the Continental versus the Firestone tires.

And that's mostly where the difference is. I've driven some good handling cars over the years and modified numerous suspensions. The sedan is actually not all that bad. Clearly the weak point are those hard riding LRR Firestones. Fact is, tires are the biggest factor in perceived ride quality and handling.

You saying the sedan ride is "horrible" is fairly subjective since like you said, they were loaners or test driven vehicles.
Tires. My Continentals just got replaced. I got 60,000 miles in 2.5 years. Great tire.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
the civic coupe is the best looking car out there from the Lx to Si and the new sport trim
All I read is sedan and hachback . Is coupes really dying honda is still keeping the civic coupe
They did drop the accord coupe that was a great design too the civic type r is a great looking car
But I still think it should be a coupe
the civic coupe is the best looking car out there from the Lx to Si and the new sport trim
All I read is sedan and hachback . Is coupes really dying honda is still keeping the civic coupe
They did drop the accord coupe that was a great design too the civic type r is a great looking car
I agree. The type R should be a coupe
I agree. I think the Type R should be a coupe. Would look like
I agree. I think the type R should be a coupe.
A good part of why the 2dr isn't more popular is the attitude of the dealers themselves. I have a dealership 3 miles from me. They have 1 LX coupe on the lot and that's it for coupes. When I went in and asked if they had any coupes they told me they had 1 but it was way out back and hard to find. Then the sales manager told me they sold just 2 last year. Pretty obvious why.
I owned a supermarket for 27 years and if I put 50 bottles of Coke 2 liter down front by the door and one bottle of Pepsi down back where it was hard to find how much Pepsi would I sell?

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree. The type R should be a coupe

I agree. I think the Type R should be a coupe. Would look like

I agree. I think the type R should be a coupe.
A good part of why the 2dr isn't more popular is the attitude of the dealers themselves. I have a dealership 3 miles from me. They have 1 LX coupe on the lot and that's it for coupes. When I went in and asked if they had any coupes they told me they had 1 but it was way out back and hard to find. Then the sales manager told me they sold just 2 last year. Pretty obvious why.
I owned a supermarket for 27 years and if I put 50 bottles of Coke 2 liter down front by the door and one bottle of Pepsi down back where it was hard to find how much Pepsi would I sell?
The local dealership where I live tv and print ads advertise the civic from the lx to the si it’s always a sedan no coupes I had a earlier post about a dealership on you tube he was walking pass a few coupes and didn’t mention one

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
This reminds me of when stores and marketers were actively promoting those cheap trash LCD against plasma TV. We all know what happened to plasmas. Glad to say I was always and still am a proud plasma TV owner. The niece market always seems to get the shaft unfortunately

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I LOVE my coupe. As far as practicality goes, my family has only seen 1 issue with my coupe and that is my adult stepson is 6'5 and in the rear of my car it too short. He cant sit upright due to his head hitting the rear window glass. Other than that we took a family vacation without problems. It was myself, my girlfriend, and her daughter. We went 2400 miles for 9 days and had plenty of room for what we needed. Living with a coupe is no different than living like those people who decide to live in tiny houses. It is a choice and we adapt.

As far as the handling goes, everyone keeps saying they are the same, but if I recall correctly...When I bought my '17 EXT Coupe, I swear I had read somewhere in my research before purchase, that the coupe had something different in its suspension versus the sedan. I can not find it right now, I am at work.

Like all cars they are going to the wayside for bigger vehicles, Chevy, Dodge, and Ford have already said and shown that they are now only making SUVs, CUVs, Minivans and trucks (except their "muscle cars"). I will continue to enjoy my coupes as long as they still allow me to buy one, and then I will adapt as necessary.

Until then ENJOY our Civics everyone!!! They all are great cars!!!!

OzCop

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe, 2020 SLT GMC Terrain, F450 MH
Country flag
I'm old...have owned several Si's, Civic and CRX...all two doors. I do autocross competition, and when I purchased my 2019 Si Coupe the sales guy tried to steer me to a sedan with an automatic. I left that store and went to another. I told the sales guy at that store what I wanted, and please do not try and change my mind. I will be 76 in a couple of months, still 6 ft, plus, and still want a 2 door coupe Si. The only thing I never thought about when purchasing this car is the roof height and helmet clearance. I will have to modify my normal seating position when wearing a helmet during autocross competition. Were it not for the sunroof, there would be no problem, but alas, you can't get an Si without the sunroof. I've had the car nearly 2 months, almost 800 miles on it, and so far love it. I recently installed new autocross wheels and tires, 17x8 Konig Holagram wheels that weigh 16 lbs, and 255 40 17 Bridgestone RE 71 R tires...I have driven them less than a hundred miles, but can feel the difference in handling already. My last car was a 17 Focus ST that I had some degree of success with, but the Si Coupe kept calling my name...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm old...have owned several Si's, Civic and CRX...all two doors. I do autocross competition, and when I purchased my 2019 Si Coupe the sales guy tried to steer me to a sedan with an automatic. I left that store and went to another. I told the sales guy at that store what I wanted, and please do not try and change my mind. I will be 76 in a couple of months, still 6 ft, plus, and still want a 2 door coupe Si. The only thing I never thought about when purchasing this car is the roof height and helmet clearance. I will have to modify my normal seating position when wearing a helmet during autocross competition. Were it not for the sunroof, there would be no problem, but alas, you can't get an Si without the sunroof. I've had the car nearly 2 months, almost 800 miles on it, and so far love it. I recently installed new autocross wheels and tires, 17x8 Konig Holagram wheels that weigh 16 lbs, and 255 40 17 Bridgestone RE 71 R tires...I have driven them less than a hundred miles, but can feel the difference in handling already. My last car was a 17 Focus ST that I had some degree of success with, but the Si Coupe kept calling my name...
Get what you want and screw what other people think. Life's to short to settle for less. More power to you, and drive the heck out of that Si!

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Get what you want and screw what other people think. Life's to short to settle for less. More power to you, and drive the heck out of that Si!
When I picked up my civic from the dealership my sister went with me . As I was signing away she was looking around she said you should of gotten a hatchback I said why she said it’s got more room for people I said how many times do I have people in my car she couldn’t answer. And if I do the coupes got a back seat
In the meantime she was looking at a accord she said she should of gotten the accord. But she bought a Jeep a month prior I told her oh that’s right somebody told you to buy the Jeep ( her husband)

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I was under the impression the coupe, sedan and hatchback drive the same? Is this not so?
I test drove both the sedan and the hatch,

The hatch has much sportier handling but both accelerate the same and to me the sedan is quieter.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
With the Swindon, UK plant (where the hatchback is assembled) closing by 2022, do you guys think 11th gen will be sedan only?
Sponsored