Why is the bottom of the K20C1 engine like this?

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
But still eu cars don't have The oil temperature shown nowhere. Or am I wrong?
It would be very disappointing if you don't have it. Because the FK2 has oil temp info. Have you seen the bottom of the engine of your fk8? Does it have the black cover?
Sponsored

michael_l

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
It would be very disappointing if you don't have it. Because the FK2 has oil temp info. Have you seen the bottom of the engine of your fk8? Does it have the black cover?
Nope. Will try to check on coming oil service.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
So I guess Europeans are more attentive drivers because Honda thought enough to give it to them. Unless you think most people bought these cars to solely pick up groceries I would expect most FK8 owners would in fact care about oil temp. If you don't care about oil temp I would question why you bought the car over an Si.
Can a European FK8 owner confirm there's actually an oil temperature sensor? I know the FK2 has one, but are we speculating the EU FK8 has one too?

I think most FK8 owners bought these cars to commute, and you don't need to worry about oil temperature for that type of driving. If you track the car, then it would make sense to include an oil temperature sensor, but that's the minority. It's not too difficult to route your own oil temperature sensor.

michael_l

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Monday I have oil service appointment. I will have a chance to shoot some picks of EU FK8 oil pan. Will let you know. I have seen the oil temp on HDS readings though , but it may be calculated somehow?

moonman

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT (FK8, 2018)
Country flag
Can a European FK8 owner confirm there's actually an oil temperature sensor? I know the FK2 has one, but are we speculating the EU FK8 has one too?
I did not come across an oil temp gauge so far. But the car is still new to me, I would need to check the manual or the touch screen whether there is something.

The Equaliz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 L FK8
It is possible the sensor is there for emissions fine tuning (CO2?) and in markets which do not monitor those do not have the sensor.

michael_l

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
OK so just now I've seen the bottom of my FK8 - it definitely has a oil temp & level sensor as seen in previous photos. So in FK8 (EU spec) there is a sensor , but still the temperature is not displayed. This could be something that will be added on a software update or else you need OBD scanner and something like Torque (android) app to view it.

michael_l

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
you assuming its a oil temp sensor by the way it looks or is there definitive proof that it is a temp sensor?

note that EU has different emissions than us.. that could be part of the emissions
Im assuming it is oil temp sensor because it's exactly in the same spot as it was on fk2 and this is same engine. Also I saw the oil temp nad Level readings on hds connected to my car.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
Another place to leak out oil over time & another thing to fix

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
You don’t want those sensors anyway after working on cars w them for 20 years they ALWAYS LEAK and not to mention if level sensor fails even if your oil is full it may not let you even start the car. It’s call we’ve been good without then for 100 years don’t be lazy check your oil like you should.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
You don’t want those sensors anyway after working on cars w them for 20 years they ALWAYS LEAK and not to mention if level sensor fails even if your oil is full it may not let you even start the car. It’s call we’ve been good without then for 100 years don’t be lazy check your oil like you should.
That one is dumb but I’d love an oem oil temp sensor

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
I have a EU FK8, but even with torque pro I can't see oil temp...

noir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R FK8
Country flag
This sensor can`t leak because there are no holes in the oil pan. It measures the temperature of the bottom of the oil pan (which makes it a little bit slow, because the oil needs to heat the pan first) . Level may be measured, but even setting the ingnition on "on" while doing an oil change there is no alarm. So perhaps oil level is measured by the car but we don't have an gauge or setting for this. Same goes for temperature.