BobsterSI

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan, 2009 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I don’t mash up the gas pedal and drive it softly. 50/50 streets and freeway with my SI. Still gets about 33mpg over all. Very satisfied with the mpg. Oh yes I shift about 2200 rpms on the streets on mt. Make sure you have fresh fluids and tire pressure on point like about 38-40 psi to get started with best results.
Sponsored

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
So I recently started tracking and manually calculating my mpg rather than basing it off the trip computer in the car. My most recent fill-up was 10.155 gallons at $3.47/gal. Car drove about 209 miles, and I filled up the car once the computer showed 25 miles remaining. Already sounds crazy without having to calculate the mpg. (basic math 209/10.155 = 20.6 mpg.) I'm not a terrible driver, I rarely go above 3k rpm and I go real easy on the gas and brake. I do drive city the majority of the time, like about 70% and 30% highway, but even then I shouldn't see my mpg this low, right? Everyone who has driven my car is always shocked about how quickly gas is used up despite not driving roughly.

Anyone know if this is normal, or if I should check something? I have a 2018 Civic EX. (2.0L)

Thats very low. I do around 28 mpg in 210 traffic in Pasadena with manual 2.0

OP
OP

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Thats very low. I do around 28 mpg in 210 traffic in Pasadena with manual 2.0
I’m in the same area as well! Things have improved by A LOT since I posted originally, I now mostly do highway driving on the 210 and 10 during traffic hours and get anywhere from 30mpg to 35mpg. My commute times have increased to 30 minutes each day. Combined with city or just short city drives I end up around 27mpg to 30mpg. Not sure why I was getting such a low mpg before, but luckily not anymore!

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Could of been the rain might of cleaned up your intercooler. Also the weather plays a factor on how the car performs. Cooler is better.

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I travel about an hour for work, usually setting the cruise at about 70 or 75 (and have been doing so since I bought the car). In the last 6 months my mpgs have been getting worse. I haven't gotten more aggressive with my driving. I get about 32 now whereas I used to get about 38. Could also be that I'm creeping up in milage (99.5k).
Sponsored