First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't really understand the point where people hate or disapprove or distaste for drag racing a CTR. The excuse of "its not built for it" or "it can't launch" or etc, well, guys, 99.99999999% of all drag cars, are not built for drag racing from the factory. You have to mod them accordingly to your style and what it needs to get better and faster. And for the launch excuse, it takes practice, a RMM, and some wider, fatter tires to get past that wheel hop, after that its all good lol regardless, buy its class and standards, our cars aren't slow one bit, lows-mid 13s for a honda civic thats stock is crazy fast for a civic out of the box lol I also may start a drag thread to talk with others that are interested in going over mods, topics and shit, just let me know, and let me know what you think about drag racing, even if it isn't your fancy :thumbsup:
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is not built for it but there are Type R’s on P.R. doing 11.8s on the 1/4 mile with stock turbo and stock internals .

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is not built for it but there are Type R’s on P.R. doing 11.8s on the 1/4 mile with stock turbo and stock internals .
No car is built for drag racing lol and yeah, I'm hopefully about to start modding mine for drag, getting a 27Won RMM soon for starters, I already have the wheels and tires

civicortez

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think some people have pride issues... They don't want to accept the fact that a 5k rust bucket can (possibly) match the performance of their 36k+ car.. but its your car do as you please.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't really understand the point where people hate or disapprove or distaste for drag racing a CTR. The excuse of "its not built for it" or "it can't launch" or etc, well, guys, 99.99999999% of all drag cars, are not built for drag racing from the factory. You have to mod them accordingly to your style and what it needs to get better and faster. And for the launch excuse, it takes practice, a RMM, and some wider, fatter tires to get past that wheel hop, after that its all good lol regardless, buy its class and standards, our cars aren't slow one bit, lows-mid 13s for a honda civic thats stock is crazy fast for a civic out of the box lol I also may start a drag thread to talk with others that are interested in going over mods, topics and shit, just let me know, and let me know what you think about drag racing, even if it isn't your fancy :thumbsup:
The CTR produces so much downforce, at speed it'll just be slowing you down. If you want to drag race the car, take off the wing.
I drag race my Si and it doesn't do terrible with some bolt ons and good tires.
I think some people have pride issues... They don't want to accept the fact that a 5k rust bucket can (possibly) match the performance of their 36k+ car.. but its your car do as you please.
You can make any car go fast in a straight line.
But can you make a car go fast in a corner bordering 2.00 lateral G's?
It's two completely different animals.
Not only does the CTR have the severe disadvantage being heavy, and FWD, it also has aero that is made to help it corner at speed; and with downforce, comes drag/reduced speed.

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess so lol and yeah, I will, just like I hope other do the same of their own way and style

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The CTR produces so much downforce, at speed it'll just be slowing you down. If you want to drag race the car, take off the wing.
I drag race my Si and it doesn't do terrible with some bolt ons and good tires.

You can make any car go fast in a straight line.
But can you make a car go fast in a corner bordering 2.00 lateral G's?
It's two completely different animals.
Not only does the CTR have the severe disadvantage being heavy, and FWD, it also has aero that is made to help it corner at speed; and with downforce, comes drag/reduced speed.
Yes you can make any car do anything if you build it correctly, whether be straight line or around corners, I've built both.

CTR weights 3117lbs (mine weights 3058lbs)...... my drag corvette weights 3200lbs.... its average weight for street mod drag, and yeah, I'd remove the wing only, I'd keep the rest of the aero for speed stability, FWD has nothing to do wtih drag except you have wheel hop easier if tyou come off the line too strong. Some of the fastest drag cars in the world are FWD honda cvics.

P.s. I've been building drag cars and road course cars for about 10ish years :D I understand there different needs

mikey003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
uummmm, because its CIVIC?

when i hear the word honda, or the word civic, the first two words that pop into my head are economy, and reliability,

the last word i would think of would be performance,

if i was buying a car for performance, or for drag, i wouldn't be buying a civic...actually, i wouldn't even be buying a honda

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes you can make any car do anything if you build it correctly, whether be straight line or around corners, I've built both.

CTR weights 3117lbs (mine weights 3058lbs)...... my drag corvette weights 3200lbs.... its average weight for street mod drag, and yeah, I'd remove the wing only, I'd keep the rest of the aero for speed stability, FWD has nothing to do wtih drag except you have wheel hop easier if tyou come off the line too strong. Some of the fastest drag cars in the world are FWD honda cvics.

P.s. I've been building drag cars and road course cars for about 10ish years :D I understand there different needs
I'm not unfamiliar with FWD Drag racing, as our shop has a pretty quick 2.6 liter Turbo K EG6.
What I meant was, the CTR's weight is distributed evenly for better handling.
As where some of the GT cars and mid-price range Sportscars are usually front heavy RWD cars.
The biggest disadvantage the CTR has is when weight shifts to the rear during launch.

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

when i hear the word honda, or the word civic, the first two words that pop into my head are economy, and reliability,

if i was buying a car for performance, or for drag, i wouldn't be buying a civic...actually, i wouldn't even be buying a honda
Some of the fastest drag cars in the world are FWD honda civics :rofl: That's why people DO buy them cause sleeper or surprise MF

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Mikey, you are in the wrong place pal.
It's no wonder there are so many here who dislike you, lol.
A lot of the older Hondas kick ass out there. and in P.R. honda's are drag raced very commonly.

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not unfamiliar with FWD Drag racing, as our shop has a pretty quick 2.6 liter Turbo K EG6.
What I meant was, the CTR's weight is distributed evenly for better handling.
As where some of the GT cars and mid-price range Sportscars are usually front heavy RWD cars.
The biggest disadvantage the CTR has is when weight shifts to the rear during launch.
Nice! and yeah, I'd have to work on weight transfer, probably start with some shocks and carbon replacement and move around from there

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! and yeah, I'd have to work on weight transfer, probably start with some shocks and carbon replacement and move around from there
The CTR is a monster on the track man. I'd sincerely try to take it out there and i guarantee you you'll probably never want to go in a straight line again, lol.

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
uuuhh, they might have the body of a honda civic, but nothing else is
No its still a K-series or B-series honda motor. You do realize they have FWD Honda Bracket that you have to be a honda motor and body and only FWD... some of them run 6-7 secs in the qt..
You really are in the wrong place... do you even build cars or race them??
Sponsored