Why does my neighbor backup their car like this?

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
imho, there are bigger things to worry about. He's not holding up traffic. He's not hitting anything. Those are two pluses to me. While I agree I would choose the purple path shown, a previous poster mentioned the likely reason why the Blue line is chosen.

Maybe the neighbor can't crane his neck one way (easier to crane over his right shoulder than left?) Maybe they were taught to always stay in your lane vs crossing to the other side? There could be a myriad of reasons.
Sponsored

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This guy sounds as talented as the family across the street from me. I cringe watching them back their Lincoln SUV barge out of the driveway... they back almost straight out, hardly turning the steering wheel at all. Those things do turn, right?
Have come too close many times to hitting my sons car parked on the street in front of my house.
Can’t back their BMW out of the double garage either.
Almost hit the Lincoln in their own driveway more than once or alternately back out over their lawn and jump the curb missing the driveway completely.
I know marijuana is legal in Ontario, but not while driving!
I can almost feel my car insurance rise every time I see a vehicle back out at their house.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I reverse park at home too.
My reasoning is, with a coupe (no rear wiper), I can't see well enough, to back out safely, when the rear glass is covered with dew and condensation.
Plus, I just love the precision of backing up, using mirrors (and now a camera). Silly, i know ... but it's the simple things in life that make me smile (and keep me sane)!
Man I wish we had a rear wiper. How come they got rid of those?

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Man I wish we had a rear wiper. How come they got rid of those?
On the sedans and coupes? It would have been a LONG time since that was a thing. I am pretty sure that for the last 30 years, only the hatchbacks have a wiper on the rear.