Why do I see some Civics with thin horizontal stripes going from front to back?

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I made them take off their dealer logo on mine. They're not paying me to advertise for them so off it goes. Looks much better without it.
I was thinking of putting the dealer license plate frame on my car whenever I take it in for service...then remove when I leave...LOL
Sponsored

HatchbackKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2003 Civic EX coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed with the posts above too I'm not a fan of all the dealer stuff that can be on the cars. I got lucky, the only thing my car had was a license plate frame which I actually still have on it. I'm planning on taking it off this weekend though.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't pinstriping a way for dealerships to fleece suckers for a few hundred bucks? I don't see what else pinstripes are for.
Some people like them. But regardless, all consumers have to say is I don't want to pay for that. And it'll come off the invoice.

They came on my LX and I took them off myself. I didn't trust the dealer to do it. LOL

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
I saw a couple Youtube vids this week of Civic Hatchback reviews and the dealers had installed the thin pinstripes on them and they looked horrible because they weren't made for that body, and didn't follow a single contour line on the car.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a couple Youtube vids this week of Civic Hatchback reviews and the dealers had installed the thin pinstripes on them and they looked horrible because they weren't made for that body, and didn't follow a single contour line on the car.
Aunt Bertha, Uncle Shamus and Old Man William (the Civic drivers in their 60s or older) do not care about the way pinstripes look. Hell, they can't see anything at all.

Doughboyatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX T
I had white pinstripes down the side of my Modern Steel Metallic, peeled it off the first week I had the car.
It was easily done since the pinstripes were freshly on there. The job is a lot more difficult after they've been on the car for awhile.

The last pic is the ball of pinstripes I had at the end. Not sure why dealerships do this and I suppose some people like the pinstripes?

Honda Civic 10th gen Why do I see some Civics with thin horizontal stripes going from front to back? 08745A00-CA7F-4381-A40F-3B49B86A4594.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Why do I see some Civics with thin horizontal stripes going from front to back? 8DDAABE2-066F-42BB-BF53-DC5AE4C0CCAC.JPG

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Isn't pinstriping a way for dealerships to fleece suckers for a few hundred bucks? I don't see what else pinstripes are for.
In my case, she was a Showroom model, my dealer got her from a dealer in Toledo and since I hadn't ordered the stripes or mud guards I didn't get charged. I wouldn't have paid for them, but I do like them.

Honda Civic 10th gen Why do I see some Civics with thin horizontal stripes going from front to back? IMG_6497.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Why do I see some Civics with thin horizontal stripes going from front to back? IMG_7033.JPG