Why did you purchase Civic EX trim over Corolla?

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Based on comfort. Camrys just feel the smoothest ride out of stock cars under 35k imo.
Camrys are smooth, I'll give you that. I previously went from an 02 Protege to an 03 Camry and the different was night and day in terms of ride noise and smoothness.

But the edge goes to Honda right now with their 10th gem Civic and current gem Accord.

OP
OP
Dicecube

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My taste, preference, I think they are horrible and the reason car manufacturers do them is they are so cheep to do. Living here in AZ you do not want black, inside or out! You can't sell a black car here. People who move here with an all black car take a real beating getting rid of it, and they do get rid of it as quick as they can. Dealers ship them to the coast.
Up here in Canada, we love the black interior. I wish the roof liner was black as well instead of tan.

tcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T SOLD June 2016
Vehicle Showcase
I'd choose a Camry over an Accord as well
So would I. I recently traded in my new Civic EX-T for a Camry XSE V6 because the Civic’s seats were killing me on long trips. When I read about a new Accord buyer that had the same problem and switched to the Camry I felt that I wasn’t the only one having a problem with Honda seats.

What I gained from the switch:
- Seat comfort
- V6 power and sound
- More features
- Higher quality feel
- A volume knob
- Climate controls that are independent of the touch screen

What I lost:
- A lot of fuel economy
- Some ride comfort (the Camry XSE has a sport-tuned suspension and 45 series low profile tires)
- Money (though I did get a good deal on the Camry due to the 2016 year end close out incentives)

Linda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cosmic "Blue" 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Drove a Toyota Camry for years and then passed it along to teenaged son and it even survived him! (but looked much the worse for wear). That Camry was a hard to kill car. When time for a new car in 2007, I was interested in Hybrids. Did not like the look or feel or drive of the Prius and bought a Civic Hybrid instead. Just traded that in for a new Civic, not a hybrid although my EX-L is getting almost the same gas mileage! The seats in my Hybrid were killing me and I needed an adjustable seat for sciatica. Looked at Corolla and there was just nothing much special about it to me. Looked at a Subaru Legacy too and although those are decent cars, I went for the Civic which is a nicer looking car and fun to drive. My first long trip is coming up and I hope the power seat adjustments will mean no pain. But so far with shorter trips it is going well.

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I have a 15 Corolla LE and when I drove the LX Civic I preferred the Corolla. I guess the base model was blah to me. Then I tried the EX-T and fell in love with it.

OP
OP
Dicecube

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a 15 Corolla LE and when I drove the LX Civic I preferred the Corolla. I guess the base model was blah to me. Then I tried the EX-T and fell in love with it.
I wholeheartedly agree.

jjc250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS
The better question should be "Why did you choose the Civic over Mazda 3?" Mazda 3 is probably a better competitor than the Corolla.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
My grandma would've chosen the correct car without even reading this thread and she's dead...
Sponsored