why did you buy a civic?

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
I was fresh out of college, I was watching a Youtube video and a Honda ad starts playing with the leasing deal of Honda LX for only $169 a month. That got me into the dealerships, after that I started test driving Honda vehicles, civic, accord etc. I wanted the accord sport manual but the 1.5t didn't have have enough power :( and the 2.0t was just too much money at that time. after that I started researching civic sport and I had my mind set, just looking for the best deal. I get to one of the dealerships and the sales guy asked me if I wanted to drive the Civic Si, I said yeah why not. (I had to idea what was an Si). I looked at the car I was like wow :yes:, I started driving it and I told my girlfriend "This is the one" with a big smile on my face:drive:. Has everything I need, good power, comfy seats, manual, nice looking etc. After that just looked for the best deal and waited for the color I wanted.
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Sponsored

bikebit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My new Si is going to be my fun project car, which can still drop kids off at school in the morning.

Short story time - back in the day I've done a lot with GTIs, and missed those days. I was actually looking at leasing an MB C43 now, when our intern bought herself a new Civic EX. I got a ride in it to Starbucks(!) and an idea immediately hit me. I'm not for status cars, and after a test-drive of the Si, I was sold. My trade equity covered most of it, so the Si is my first new car I've owned that's paid for, and will allow me to really throw some upgrades at it.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I got a Civic because it checked all the boxes of what I needed: stylish, fun, comfortable, great mpg, 6 speed manual, four door, decent power, reliability. It had it all in a very reasonable price ($19,000 brand new). Plus I got 1.8% apr. It had it all. Plus I’ve always wanted a 2.0 I-vtec motor. If I did it over again, I would buy the same exact car. I’ve had it for a year now and still enjoy driving it everyday.

19EXHB

First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
It was Civic EX hatchback or the Mazda CX-5 for me. I previously owned a WRX and also had a 2005 S2000. WRX was not really in the equation for me since I wanted a hatchback and I needed an automatic since my wife can’t drive stick. A WRX with CVT was well over $33,000, which is crazy. Having stop-and-go cruise control was very important to me.

2019 Civic EX
Pros
+ Hondata modification takes HP at the wheels to 215hp+, so at crank you’re really looking at a 240hp+?
+ Lots of standard features, we really wanted a sunroof and heated seats are a must, which EX had
+ Touchscreen infotainment w/ apple car play
+ Handles better vs CX-5
+ Fuel Economy
+ $4,000 cheaper (which I figure could be used to contribute to a 529)
+ Dealer gave me lifetime oil changes for free (and car washes too!)
+ Also convinced dealer to give me autodimming mirrors, mudflaps, cargo tray, wheel locks
+ Price before tax and tag was only $23,000 - can’t find any car with stop and go cruise for that!! Value cannot be beat!!!

Cons
+ Rear bumper is a bit much with fake vents, but I don’t really like CX-5’s front grill and small fog lights
+ No standard LED / HID, but I figured I can go aftermarket (ultimately went with Morimoto XB w/ 35w ballast, they are incredible)
+ No Bose stereos (CX5 does), but stock sounds okay
+ No blind spot monitoring
+ There isn’t a “Sport EX” trim level
+ No paddle shifter for EX

Draw -
+ Interior space is about the same
+ Both had adaptive cruise control

Ultimately, I figured I didn’t need the AWD. I can always make my own Sport EX by buying the Si / sport rims from someone on this forum (still looking!!!), then I can use the stock set for winter tires. The $4,000 that I saved will be used to contribute to a 529, and I’m really enjoying my Hondata turn with 215hp at the wheels. Stop and go cruise control is phenomenal - compensates for not being able to drive a stick.

I do wish I had a paddle shifter or at least an “auto stick”, really wanted to get the Touring trim - but can’t justify spending $4,000 more for the trim (would have gone with the CX5 if I had to spend ~$26,500+)

Last edited:

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my civic HB 6MT cause I want to feel 21 again. My first stick was a 91 nissan 240sx. this was 20 years ago. So after getting it I do feel 21 again. Stuck in a 40 year old body
:dance:

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good mileage, fun to drive and the Touring checked all our wants and needs.

aymehr

Ari
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I really wanted a fully loaded GTI but coming out of medical school and having a student loans pushed me towards Civic since it was almost $10K cheaper. I am not gonna lie, I am very happy with my car. Much more fun than I anticipated it would be.

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
The mid engine Corvette was not available, and the Mazda MX5 Miata was not available in red for under $32k OTD.

Ok, it was because the wife said no to the first two and all that was left was the Mazda 3 and the Si...the new Mazda 3 was not available until early summer.

Si won out but i think it was the best overall deal even after adding $4k mods so far and $3k more till im done by winter. :crazy:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The mid engine Corvette was not available, and the Mazda MX5 Miata was not available in red for under $32k OTD.

Ok, it was because the wife said no to the first two and all that was left was the Mazda 3 and the Si...the new Mazda 3 was not available until early summer.

Si won out but i think it was the best overall deal even after adding $4k mods so far and $3k more till im done by winter. :crazy:
Chevy been talking about a mid engine corvette since 1975 I don’t think it would ever happen

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
In order:
It's a Honda
I have a really good Honda dealer, high comfort level there
Been driving Civics, Accords and Integras since the early 80's, working well for me, never left me sitting
They still make a nicely styled Coupe!
It's available in white
The Touring Coupe has every feature I could want (except blind-spot detection!!!) including Nav & XM
Gets excellent mileage on 87 octane
Quiet & comfortable on trips, very adequate turbo power on the highway
I could afford it equipped the way I wanted it
To me, it looks, feels & drives like a sports car. ( have owned Miatas) albeit a CVT.
Have to work hard for any negatives.
Won't go into how much my wife likes her Fit, have to admit, would be my second choice.

Krust955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Type R
Country flag
I have an 07 civic Si for 10 years. I had a GReddy Evo2, Injen SRI, Eibach Pro Kits, Tocico Struts, and I loved every minute I had that car

Stuff started breaking and I had to part with it. I ended up getting a 2017 accord sport se and it was my first automatic car I’ve ever owned. It was such an awesome car and so comfortable but I wasn’t having fun driving

After working my ass off, I traded that Accord in for a 2019 Type R. It was such an awesome decision as I have a blast driving again.

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I wanted: cargo capacity with excellent gas mileage, reliability, and the Corolla was/is fugly. I did shop the Accord and the Camry. Liked the Accord, but it felt huge. The Camry SE was okay, no way was paying asking for the XSE V6.

vasekvi

First Name
Vasek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I test drove the 10g accord and preferred the way the Civic drove. All the controls, shifter, pedals, seats, in the Accord were too soft. So I traded my 9g Accord for a 10g Civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? 20190614_175501
Sponsored