saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I wanted a turbocharged car I looked at a Elantra Gt sport it was a four door hatchback I wanted a coupe and that three door veloster looks like it should be in a Disney movie so I remember the civic coupe I was looking at a Si coupe but with my knee injury I couldn’t use the manual trans so it is the Ext with a cvt modern steel and I happy I got it it’s a blast to drive it being a Honda it’s going to be a reliable car
Sponsored

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I bought my Civic because I just happened to have a Ktuner V1 hangin out in my closet and had a pretty strong feeling it would be a perfect match. I was right.

CTRx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
Hatchback, reliability (hopefully, with the CVT and turbo!), turbo engine, mileage and I love how the car looks!

oliviaiiii

First Name
Olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, TT, Civic LX,
Country flag
1.Best bang for the buck.
2.Small person small car.
But really, saw it, love it.

kaigryn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have been looking at the Civic Hatchback for a long time. I almost pulled the trigger on a used '16 GTI, however when it came down to numbers it just didn't make sense. The next day I went to my local Honda dealer and saw the 2019 Civic Hatchback Sport trim in the Aegean Blue metallic and knew that it was the one.
Coming from a 2016 Ford Focus hatch, I am completely in love with how the Civic drives and performs.

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
Just curious what everyone’s motivations were. Mine was: great mpg, it looks classy, reliability.
I bought my 2017 Honda touring coupe by total accident. I stepped in to the Honda dealership looking for something different than what I had driven in the past and while the sales lady was trying to get me the keys to what she thought my old ass was going to have, I spied the Aegean blue touring coop in the show room. Me and the wife had a sit in it and when she came back I said let’s do the deal. She asked me if I wanted to test drive it and I said no let’s get the paperwork started, I’ve been smiling ever since.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wife's first car was an '01 Civic 5MT she adored when it got totaled.
She bought an '03 CR-V that she sold to our nephew with 182 000km to our nephew who totaled it at over 330 000km. (Not many repairs)
She then made the HUGE mistake of getting a 2012 Mazda 5. After only 6 years and 93 000km, it cost more than my 200 000km '08 Accord in maintenance and repairs, and needed over 1500 when we traded it in... (my '08 Accord EXL Coupe still has not required any repair in 230 000km - only regular maintenance, one set of summer tires, one full brake job at 162 000, and 2 batteries in 11+ years - a set of winter tires will be needed in the fall)
She wanted to return to the peace of mind of our Hondas.
After test-driving a Sport 6MT and a Sport Touring CVT, she ordered Red Sonja, a Rallye Red 2018 Sport Touring 6MT. A bit under 18 months and 39 000km, she's still extatic of her decision.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i drove only Suzuki for last 20 years...
insane reliability, never had a problem, never let me on the road and they were driven hard was a teenager back then ;)

first was Swift GTi with 101 hp
this one was beyong fun with only 101 horsepower it seems slow... but believe me it is crazy to drive, lightweigh i lowered it for almost 8cm it was a blast to corner :p
and with low weigh stiff susension at top speed 125mph it was scary :)
i drove this one like a maniac.. burnouts, shifting at redlines ALOT, and believe me or not engine did almost 300.000 HARD miles, it was never opened only OIL and .Filters, sparkplugs...
then i lost track of the engine, body was rusted and scraped, engine was taken out and put in to another car L O L .
still miss it sometimes, i sold it beacuse it was kinda deathtrap we in europe called it a flying coffin :p and when i got older start to worry what if i crash...
Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? 17173_107776259232516_1110366_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? 17173_107776265899182_1303219_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

then i bought 2007 Suzuki swift sport it was my first new car and i absolutely loved it, a new car with old soul, my god driving experience was great
124horsepower not a powerhouse but feelings were amazing, i had it for 11 years did 90k miles with it no issues...
Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? 30805984_1897482956928495_2300847702917938094_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? 34788684_1945617782115012_9023921469389799424_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

i guess i wanted something a little more powerfull and with more space... i wanted 2018 new suzuki swift in champion yellow but price is around 20.000 euros compare that
to honda civic sport 6MT 1.5t 22.000... it was a no brainer... and i look absolutely gorgeous, love red in the sea of grey cars :p

so far i really like honda, good to drive, faster than swift but in my opinion cant match the feeling from swift sport MK1 and swift GTi,
honda did a great drivers car, but 11 years old swift beats it, it is not even a contest here, most of all i really loved swift sport how easy
was to drive hard, car always told you long before u got in to trouble where are the limitations, so a safe little "sporty" hatch
suzuki absolutely nailed ESP in that car it let you play a little bit before interfering :)
i suspect honda has a soft paintjob, u can see from pictures 11y old swift never polished, never waxed washed 1-2 times per week, 7 years it was not in garage, the paint was still awesome with almost no spiderweb and it was at least 100 times in carwash... if i would polish the paintwork would look like new :) honda already some webbing and i take really good care when washing ofc honda will never see any carwash, i use 4 spunges for outside of car 4 buckets and so on :p so paint is far worse than suzukis... this year i will take it to ceramic coating it is a must i guess

summary, honda is better car, bigger more power, looks great i dont know about reliability time will tell
i am happy i didnt make a mistake buying one, had it for 6 month now and i love it :)

Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? 55609139_2390765324266920_4444686115022045184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Last edited:

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
At Canadian pricing, '17 EX-T 6MT coupe represented the best balance of styling, performance, fuel economy, and amenities... bar none. So I bought one. Touring coupe takes away 6MT, adds a shit CVT, and adds a bunch of meaningless bullshit for a pile more money, so it's terrible value IMO.

Si adds unwieldy styling and not sufficient additional performance for me to justify the cost, and Honda realized that so they killed EX-T. I wouldn't even consider buying a Civic for 2019 MY.

Last edited:

LODAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Civic LX
Country flag
Because it’s my 8th one (would be 9 if I didn’t get that RSX in the middle)

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I love small cars, especially hatchbacks. I've looked at all the new cars lately such as the Mazda 3, Hyundai Elantra GT, Kia Soul, VW Golf, Veloster N, Corolla Hatch, and they're all disappointing in their own way. Mostly not big enough, they're tiny hatch cars lol so I looked at bigger "crossovers", they're a joke too like the HR-V with zero power. How about the C-HR? one of the most overpriced pos on the market, I mean is there any buzz for a C-HR out there? Nope, I never see them on the road.
So many bland, boring cars out there thus it all comes back to this 10th Gen Civic. Sure, there have been some issues but compared to everybody else Honda knocked this Gen out of the park. It's not boring, it has every possible trim-line, Turbo AND NA.models, mostly affordable, easily identifiable..esp. the taillights. This Civic is much bigger than prev gens, it's about the only "small or compact" car on the market that has a roomy backseat and the hatch versions are way more practical than any other hatch out there except for maybe the Soul.
I can't think of one, not ONE, other car out there on the market that meets the criteria of an affordable, reliable, roomy and practical small car. The Civic easily wins by default.
Sponsored