First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Best bang for the buck!

Good looks, good fuel economy, MANUAL, a legitimate back seat, reliability.

While it's not the most powerful vehicle out there, it's VERY hard to beat the performance for the price!
Sponsored

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
My first Civic? Cheap, good gas mileage, easy to maintain, and reliable.

My current Civic? Good looks, handling, decent power and performance (for a Honda) and practicality of a 5-door hatch form factor.

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
Previous car was a 2010 Infiniti g37x AWD sedan. The wife was driving it for work and because of the nature of her job she was putting 2200 miles a month. The average MPG on the Infiniti was 19MPG with premium gas. It was getting really expensive so we looked for an alternative. Test drove the Civic and did research as well to see what we are getting our self into. Have had the Civic since Dec 27, 2019 and it has been averaging 36 MPG hand calculated. This is double the mileage she was getting plus its much more comfortable to drive as well with all the safety features we could want.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanted a fun to drive and function when needed as well. Itā€™s not a daily driver but I get it out when the weather gives me a chance to in the winter months. Usually just cold, wind and rain. Not fun weather to drive in - winters in Ohio.

1Texan

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan CBP
Country flag
Best in it's class with peace of mind ownership. Low cost maintenance. Many configurations and customizations to make it your own or how you want it. The Civic seems to be a vehicle made specially for me.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Just curious what everyoneā€™s motivations were. Mine was: great mpg, it looks classy, reliability.

either Honda or Toyota, Toyota has best engine, but Honda is better overall in term of styling and reliability etc

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
I believe it's the other way around.
I believe for a detailed conversation on this, things needs to be more granular/specific aka: drawn out more

- Engine: Both are great
- Suspension: Depends what kind of driver are you... Are you more of a "I want to feel the road or smooth cruising and comfortable/soft feel?

- Honda/Acura, tends to target the younger age groups; which typically like the more nimble feel or intact/hug me type experience
- Toyota/Lexus, tends to target to a bit broader scope with their suspension - Drivers that want more comfort; which typically are with families or have to consider family members.

However, both are great manufacturers that tailors to a little bit of everyone.
Although, Honda/Acura is more Economy driven and craft their performances from their. Meanwhile, Toyota is more audience driven; which tailors a broader range of audience.

Albeit - When it comes to cosmetics - is always subjective as, ea. person has their own preference and styling taste.

Overall, both are great cars with great reliability with difference price points. It really does come down to the purchaser and the owner....
Even greats cars without a care from the owner; will be limited, just as, a car can be great if the driver is responsible and care-filled ;)

Anyhow... back to Civics!

Economical cars that are reliable overall and backed by a reputable/creditable manufacture~
Honda - Power of dreams.. wait - I mean the best in bringing out Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control.

Also known as:

VTEC (1983) = Honda/Acura
VVTI (1996) = Toyota/Lexus

Last edited:

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Just curious what everyoneā€™s motivations were. Mine was: great mpg, it looks classy, reliability.
My 22-year old daily driver took a nose dive and needed $5k to get right. I wanted a manual, 2 door coupe that was sporty, but had very good fuel economy. The Si offered exactly what I was looking for.

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Had to replace my 16 years old 2004 BMW Z4 and I sort of wanted a hatchback. Looked at the other options, mainly the Mazda 3, Golf, and Corolla hatch and I think the Civic looks the best of the bunch. I think the golf is the worst looking of them all, so I didn't even bother test driving it. Not a big fan of current Toyota designs, so I didn't get the Corolla. The Mazda 3 I heard is nice on the interior but I didn't really like anything else about it, plus it seemed pretty expensive. Plus, my Z4 hardly had that much of a community or information online for adding more power to it. I wanted something different and the civic offers just that. Huge community, reliable car, and looks pretty good as far as the hatches are concerned. I honestly wanted a Si, but I'm not overly fond of how the non hatches look. Another car I wanted was the Veloster N, but the whole 3 door thing bothers me too much.
I guess the looks of the cars matters a lot to me lo.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Totaled my truck last year, insurance cashed me out with enough for a pretty decent down payment on something new or low mileage used. Had my mind set on either a corolla or a civic... test drive a couple civics, then a corolla... only took one corolla to rule those out.

Pretty much been in love with the X-gens since I first laid eyes on em, even more when I first saw the hatchbacks. Ended up with a sport sedan last year, loved it, but it kinda bothered me all year that I didnā€™t get the hatch when I had the chance... one payment away from paying off the sedan, I traded it in for the ex hatch in sonic grey pearl.... now Iā€™m kinda wishing I got the si ??ā€ā™‚... keeping the hatch tho.... I think ?

End of the day, I wanted a civic or corolla because of styling and reliability.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
reliability,styling.was surprised the base engine/cvt combination is as quick as it is too.forgot to add my sons 1993 del sol is still running well with over 300,000 miles.two auto trans rebuilds to its credit,but the head has never been off.

Last edited:

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Since 2005 I've been into Honda Civic's and I've met some amazing people along the way
This was my first 2005 Civic (automatic)
Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? 55737_112546285477002_7476897_o

This was my second 2005 Civic (5 speed)
This one was special because I had a ep3 steering wheel without a functioning airbag
05 rsx cloth seats and bronze advan rg2 16 inch wheels
Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? 39299104010_original

I traded up in 2017 for an si but I still miss my 05's
Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? download

Honda Civic 10th gen why did you buy a civic? IMG_1226 (2).JPG