Why aren't anyone making +60 or stock offset wheels?

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Huge update for those that are following this thread. A member got custom BC forged rims 19x10 +55 and says he has zero rubbing on fender or suspension. See link below. Implications of this: the 18x9.5 +58 Arc ec-7s should fit fine. It would be the closest to stock scrub radius yet and the cheapest option to boot. Important note that Arc has not tried this fitting yet and has previously steered CTR owners to the +43 spec. However, it seems they are being overly conservative.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-type-r-after-market-wheel-guide.13994/page-120
Sponsored

s2ktaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '19 Civic Si, '17 Civic EX HB, '09 Civic Si, '01 S2000
Country flag
Huge update for those that are following this thread. A member got custom BC forged rims 19x10 +55 and says he has zero rubbing on fender or suspension. See link below. Implications of this: the 18x9.5 +58 Arc ec-7s should fit fine. It would be the closest to stock scrub radius yet and the cheapest option to boot. Important note that Arc has not tried this fitting yet and has previously steered CTR owners to the +43 spec. However, it seems they are being overly conservative.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-type-r-after-market-wheel-guide.13994/page-120
I'm actually trying to get verification that they can build a ET60 19x8.5 wheel that will work for the CTR. The only question is whether if the calipers will clear the inside of the spokes.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I'm actually trying to get verification that they can build a ET60 19x8.5 wheel that will work for the CTR. The only question is whether if the calipers will clear the inside of the spokes.
Awesome, keep us posted!

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I called them yesterday and the person I spoke with is still insisting that the +43 spec is the "correct" spec for our cars. It was a frustrating conversation to say the least. At this rate I'll just find some NSX rims.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
arc is local to us in norcal i believe. Why doesnt someone just go there and try?
That's not a bad idea. I couldn't find their address with a quick 2 minute Google. But I'm also in socal anyway

boyguan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
arc apex 8 wheels? they are in pleasenton i believe. i would be glad to go there if they want a test car.

TypeARR

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
My ideal set up from everything I've seen so far is the Apex ec-7 18x9.5 +58 wrapped in 285/35 Hankook v12 evos.

I live in SF so after finding out they were in Pleasanton, I sent them a message on Facebook earlier asking if I could stop by their shop to see if they would fit on my type R.

I'll let you all if I hear back from them and whatever happens. Fingers crossed!

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
My ideal set up from everything I've seen so far is the Apex ec-7 18x9.5 +58 wrapped in 285/35 Hankook v12 evos.

I live in SF so after finding out they were in Pleasanton, I sent them a message on Facebook earlier asking if I could stop by their shop to see if they would fit on my type R.

I'll let you all if I hear back from them and whatever happens. Fingers crossed!
Awesome, thank you man!

TypeARR

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
If you want 9.5 wheels similar to stock I think 47 offset rite? Because offset is how far it is from the center line of the wheel. If you increase width then you need to take that into account rite? Because the center line of a 9.5 in wheel is different from the centerline of a 8.5 in wheel. Lol idk. correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:

s2ktaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '19 Civic Si, '17 Civic EX HB, '09 Civic Si, '01 S2000
Country flag
If you want 9.5 wheels similar to stock I think 47 offset rite? Because offset is the center line of the wheel. If you increase width then you need to take that into account rite?. Lol idk but I think correct me if I'm wrong
if you optimize of keeping the inside edge of the wheel constant, you're right. But if you're optimizing for the engineering intent (torque steer reduction/elimination and scrub radius) and handling (to some degree), then you'd want to keep the offset as close to 60 as possible. If you're optimizing for looks, which many do, then it doesn't matter.

TypeARR

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just heard back from Apex this morning. Apparently, they don't have a shop at their location in Pleasanton where I could try out the wheels. Also, they just told me the same stuff some people already said; "+43 offset is the best fit" etc etc.

/disappointed
Sponsored