Why aren't anyone making +60 or stock offset wheels?

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Hello,

Like the title says, why? Every new wheel release that states "FK8 CTR spec wheels" are +45 or +35. It seems like everyone just wants to fill up the wheel well space or look more flush, so I guess that's what sells. But for someone that's looking to maintain the stock offset, with the scrub radius in mind, i'm desperately waiting for something that looks decent w/ a +60. Ok, besides NSX wheels. =p. With the price of the Titans, if they came out w/ a +60, i would buy it. Volks, I wouldn't even blink to click "buy now" But, nope..no one.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what's going on and not finding anything.:dunno:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i never said i wanted 9.5" ;) 9" would just be perfect for me. I'm curious if 9.5 would fit though since people are fitting 10" +41.

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to find the magic combination, similar to what you mention in your original post. There are only 3 options that come to mind from all my reading and studying: OEM FK2 Civic Type R wheels in 19” +60, the NSX front wheels in 19” +55, or your choice of custom wheeels (too many to list, but cost is definitely higher than a typical forged wheel). I haven’t found anything other than that besides the next round of “close” offsets in the +50 (TE37 saga) to +53 (Advan), both of which are 18”. Ah, tirerack has the OZ ultraleggera now in 19” with a +53 offset. Let us know if you find something else.

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will do! From a $$ standpoint, When i c some good deals,
think I’m just going to get some advan +51. But I’m really thinking about custom, aka forgelines or ccw so I can get what I want and be done with it. Still searching....

Last edited:

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Lower offsets move the wheels out

You get two benefits
- you can run a wider tire without rubbing the inner fender well
- your stance is effectively wider

If you go too low, you can run into tire/fender rubbing.

I don't know of many cars with stock offsets as high as the CTR. Now that doesn't mean they don't exist, just means I haven't come across them. That may be a contributing factor to how many wheels are out there in the 35-45 offset range.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
... That may be a contributing factor to how many wheels are out there in the 35-45 offset range.
The contributing factor is 5x120 is BMW's hub size, and all of the aftermarket wheels that we're seeing were originally made for BMW's, and so use BMW offsets.

BTW, add Mugen MFC's 19x8.5 (ET53 IIRC) and, of course, the JDM Honda Modulo 20x8.5ET60's, to the list.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The low offset, wide stance look is great but there is something to consider. Going too low does put extra stress on things like wheel bearings. Just something to keep in mind long term.

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Would anyone / has anyone tried Braid USA’s templates to see if their custom wheels will fit up to the Civic Type R? Paul at Braid will
email pdf templates that you can print and fit up to the car to judge caliper clearance, etc. This could be one of the better solutions for an 18x8.5 or 9” wheel with a +55 to +60 offset at a reasonable price. I’m in the “still don’t have a CTR” camp or I’d do this myself and post results. Just an option for those looking for higher offset wheels. Surprised no one has fitted and ordered these yet.
https://braidusa.com

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Would anyone / has anyone tried Braid USA’s templates to see if their custom wheels will fit up to the Civic Type R? Paul at Braid will
email pdf templates that you can print and fit up to the car to judge caliper clearance, etc. This could be one of the better solutions for an 18x8.5 or 9” wheel with a +55 to +60 offset at a reasonable price. I’m in the “still don’t have a CTR” camp or I’d do this myself and post results. Just an option for those looking for higher offset wheels. Surprised no one has fitted and ordered these yet.
https://braidusa.com
I would try it and would be interested in the forged 5 series. I was actually going to make my own template, so I'll be interested to see what they provide. I'll email Paul to ask for a template. Are you committed on custom wheel? As in, if it fits, are you going to buy it from Braid? As for me, i'm hoping a larger company would eventually make a wheel, but doesn't look like that will happen any time soon, but then again, i wouldn't know. What do you think about forgeline, ccw or any other custom wheel suppliers? On the other hand, I'm also waiting for more coilover options. Once those are released, we'll know for sure what fits w/ the setup we want. As of now, i'm really leaning towards RGs. I'm sacrificing +9, but i think there's deals where we can get a set of 18x9 for around 2k or under if there's a gb?

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I would try it and would be interested in the forged 5 series. I was actually going to make my own template, so I'll be interested to see what they provide. I'll email Paul to ask for a template. Are you committed on custom wheel? As in, if it fits, are you going to buy it from Braid? As for me, i'm hoping a larger company would eventually make a wheel, but doesn't look like that will happen any time soon, but then again, i wouldn't know. What do you think about forgeline, ccw or any other custom wheel suppliers? On the other hand, I'm also waiting for more coilover options. Once those are released, we'll know for sure what fits w/ the setup we want. As of now, i'm really leaning towards RGs. I'm sacrificing +9, but i think there's deals where we can get a set of 18x9 for around 2k or under if there's a gb?
If it fits would I buy it?: it depends on what other options exist when I am ready for wheels. This would be a set for winter use. I would really like a +55 wheel and there are not many great options in 18”. The FK2 CTR wheels are good, but I’d prefer 18” and also like to drop some weight from the FK2 wheels so these would be near the top of my list. Tirerack packages are tempting but most of the budget wheels are around +42 and are only 8” wide. Braid seems to have an option (if they fit) that some people claim to want. That’s why I was surprised no one had fit the templates yet. I’m highly interested but not 100% committed to buying.

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Country flag
Hello,

Like the title says, why? Every new wheel release that states "FK8 CTR spec wheels" are +45 or +35. It seems like everyone just wants to fill up the wheel well space or look more flush, so I guess that's what sells. But for someone that's looking to maintain the stock offset, with the scrub radius in mind, i'm desperately waiting for something that looks decent w/ a +60. Ok, besides NSX wheels. =p. With the price of the Titans, if they came out w/ a +60, i would buy it. Volks, I wouldn't even blink to click "buy now" But, nope..no one.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what's going on and not finding anything.:dunno:
I agree about the scrub radius. The reduction in torque steer is directly related to the engineered distance of the tire centerline to the suspension.

Pushing the wheels out effectively negates this. It may not make a difference to some.