lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
They didn't blame the loose boot and subsequent CV failure on your lowering springs?

I wonder if lowering springs will fare better on the sportier Si suspension in the long term.
my local dealer was willing to fix my boot under warranty as well even after I brought up the fact I was lowered, but they had boot repair kits on back-order with no known ETA, so they never got to it and I replaced it myself anyhow because I didn't want to compromise myself driving around town.
Sponsored

jdm_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 fk7 sport
Country flag
They didn't blame the loose boot and subsequent CV failure on your lowering springs?

I wonder if lowering springs will fare better on the sportier Si suspension in the long term.
To be honest when I took it in I expected them to say something about it and try to charge me for parts but they didn’t. No comments about the suspension were made just said they liked what I did with the car

cocoroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
I brought mine into a dealership as well after finding out my CV boot was torn and leaking. I was not asked any questions as well and they replaced the entire axle under warranty.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
On Eibach ProKit for around 15k miles now - I had CV Boot issue on passenger side but it was from installation, nothing else. I punctured the boot on accident on the lower control arm, I created a post on how to replace the boot including the part number for 10 bucks as well! Its in the How To area of the board:)

Eibach ProKit after 15k miles on stock rims with 20mm spacer from Sunday morning, and then after throwing my new rims on Sunday evening. No good clean pics yet with the new rims and tires and with the Hurricane weather coming probably not even putting the effort into clean and wax until after it passes:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Who's been lowered for a while? IMG_4122.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Who's been lowered for a while? IMG_4140.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Who's been lowered for a while? IMG_4144.JPG

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On Eibach ProKit for around 15k miles now - I had CV Boot issue on passenger side but it was from installation, nothing else. I punctured the boot on accident on the lower control arm, I created a post on how to replace the boot including the part number for 10 bucks as well! Its in the How To area of the board:)

Eibach ProKit after 15k miles on stock rims with 20mm spacer from Sunday morning, and then after throwing my new rims on Sunday evening. No good clean pics yet with the new rims and tires and with the Hurricane weather coming probably not even putting the effort into clean and wax until after it passes:)

IMG_4122.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4144.JPG
Those bronze wheels look great! I saw you had to strip and repaint them?

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have 20k on eibach sportlines, and everyday driving on shitty LA roads. they're still working just fine without issues.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_4122.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4144.JPG
I'm thinking about going with the ProKit, but here's my dilemma. My wife is dead set against me lowering the car because of past issues. I know cosmetically she will not even notice because she dosen't pay attention to things like that, but do you think she will feel a difference in the ride quality at all. I might just have to slip this one past her.;)

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking about going with the ProKit, but here's my dilemma. My wife is dead set against me lowering the car because of past issues. I know cosmetically she will not even notice because she dosen't pay attention to things like that, but do you think she will feel a difference in the ride quality at all. I might just have to slip this one past her.;)
I have the Pro’s on my Si sedan. Ride quality is almost exactly the same. Only slightly bumpier. I’m thinking you’re cautious driving over bumps and out of driveways will be more a sign than anything lol.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My wife Prefers the ride lowers, on interstate and freeway drives she complained the back was bouncy even when I had in sport mode. I of course never noticed after I lowered it she asked what I did as it felt less bouncy.

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am going on 1k miles on Megan springs without any issues. The drop is only an inch, but I think it looks good and the spring rate compared to stock is comparable. Worth looking into if you want to go lower, but not so low that you'll need to worry about reliability.

QqudVQE.jpg
I fee like 1in is what I’m going for. Is the front still lower then the back ? Can’t really tell in the pic. Also how much did you pay ?

First Name
Optimus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si Coupe
Country flag
My 17 Si on Eibach pro-kit has settled a bit more since I installed about 2 months ago. It's definitely a rougher ride than stock. Small bumps don't register much of a difference. But if you have shitty roads like me, then the bigger bumps are definitely more jolting. Also, I'm pretty sure the car sits lower now. The gap is much smaller between top of tire and bottom of fenders.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 17 Si on Eibach pro-kit has settled a bit more since I installed about 2 months ago. It's definitely a rougher ride than stock. Small bumps don't register much of a difference. But if you have shitty roads like me, then the bigger bumps are definitely more jolting. Also, I'm pretty sure the car sits lower now. The gap is much smaller between top of tire and bottom of fenders.
On a scale of 1-10 ( 1 being not much different and 10 being alot) how would you say the ride quality is compared to stock?

First Name
Optimus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si Coupe
Country flag
On a scale of 1-10 ( 1 being not much different and 10 being alot) how would you say the ride quality is compared to stock?
Hmm, at first, the feel was pretty similar but I really can tell now after riding in another Si. It's the big bumps, dips, etc that really bounce the car. Your significant other WILL notice when u hit one of the bigger bumps. Just noticed your car is a sedan so the ride will be different than my coupe si anyway so this is not a really good reference.
Sponsored