Who's been lowered for a while?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really want to install a set of Eibach pro springs but after seeing some users have issues with CV boots I am holding off.

Are the users with the CV boot issues running super low springs?

Anyone been lowered for 10K plus miles and not have any issues?
Sponsored

cocoroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
I'm at 12k miles on my H&R lowering springs. I had the CV boot problem come up shortly after install and resolved about 500 miles into my new installation and haven't had any issues since.

The CV boot problem is likely coming from installation and not the actual use of the springs.

Aces and 8s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EXT Coupe 6 Speed
I am going on 1k miles on Megan springs without any issues. The drop is only an inch, but I think it looks good and the spring rate compared to stock is comparable. Worth looking into if you want to go lower, but not so low that you'll need to worry about reliability.

Honda Civic 10th gen Who's been lowered for a while? QqudVQE

Last edited:

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm at 12k miles on my H&R lowering springs. I had the CV boot problem come up shortly after install and resolved about 500 miles into my new installation and haven't had any issues since.

The CV boot problem is likely coming from installation and not the actual use of the springs.
THIS!

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my 17' Si coupe in July of 2017, @ about 500 miles she was lowered on Eibach Sportlines. My mileage is currently @ 13,500 and still no issues to this day and rides amazing.

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
I've been on buddy club coils pretty low and have no issues. About a year on them now. I do 70 miles round trip for work m-f

YvesSaintJan

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I bought my 17' Si coupe in July of 2017, @ about 500 miles she was lowered on Eibach Sportlines. My mileage is currently @ 13,500 and still no issues to this day and rides amazing.
Sport lines from regular civic models work fine on the SI?

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sport lines from regular civic models work fine on the SI?
Yup, made sure with Eibach direct before I did it, they had assisted a few others at that point as well.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I know FR-Ss and BRZs have issues with axle boots tearing from lowering too much. With significant enough of a drop, the "ribs" of the boots rub against each other and eventually tear. Not sure if that's an issue with these cars. Don't think the axles themselves should be popping out from just lowering though. Might be an install issue. And also, if you're so low that you're having these issues, your suspension performance and longevity is suffering, so maybe you should reconsider what you're doing to your car lol.

@Scarlet do the Eibach springs come with shorter bump stops? If not, did Eibach mention anything about shortening the stock bump stops?

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
man, I already bottom out quite frequently on the stock hatchback suspension on bad bumps/gaps on freeways. I can't imaging how much worse it is on lowering springs.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know FR-Ss and BRZs have issues with axle boots tearing from lowering too much. With significant enough of a drop, the "ribs" of the boots rub against each other and eventually tear. Not sure if that's an issue with these cars. Don't think the axles themselves should be popping out from just lowering though. Might be an install issue. And also, if you're so low that you're having these issues, your suspension performance and longevity is suffering, so maybe you should reconsider what you're doing to your car lol.

@Scarlet do the Eibach springs come with shorter bump stops? If not, did Eibach mention anything about shortening the stock bump stops?
No not all all, mine were left alone and haven't experienced anything out of the normal, no noises, etc.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
my car is completley slammed and have had no issues.

jdm_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 fk7 sport
Country flag
I have been lowered on eibach sportline for about 60k miles on my hb sport. And let’s say they really need to come out with some performance struts/shocks soon.

But I had my passenger side boot let loose (dealer said it was the clamp that loosened) but the cv was completely gone metal shavings and ball bearings everywhere....but it was fixed under warranty no questions asked...

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have been lowered on eibach sportline for about 60k miles on my hb sport. And let’s say they really need to come out with some performance struts/shocks soon.

But I had my passenger side boot let loose (dealer said it was the clamp that loosened) but the cv was completely gone metal shavings and ball bearings everywhere....but it was fixed under warranty no questions asked...
They didn't blame the loose boot and subsequent CV failure on your lowering springs?

I wonder if lowering springs will fare better on the sportier Si suspension in the long term.
Sponsored