Who here has had a GenX Si for a short time, but has either traded or thinking of trading it in?

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
I bought mine after months of researching all types of cars, and after coming from a Gen8 Si.
Anyway, no real gripes about the car, but I sometimes wish I would of gotten either a true performance oriented car (STi or Type R),a fun car like a Miata RF, or even a decked out CUV like the new Mazda CX-5 Signature.
Had a budget of around $40K to spend on a car, but common sense told me to pick the Si as a sort of do it all little car that cost way less than my other choices.
Anyone trade in the Si or plan on it?
How bad did you get raped?
Sponsored

JJTHESIPLANE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The thought of trading my car in has always been in the back of my mind if the deal is right. There is only one option for me to move on if I could, and that would be a new Type R. It is a little out of my budget currently, but I do not mind what I have with my Si currently. It's fast enough for me to have some fun and the perfect size for my friends/family and I to be extremely comfortable.

The roads are really bad in Hawai'i where I live so moving up to 20" rims would be a little scary...
I'm completely content with my car, only mod is a PRL SRI. Only had a few problems with it, but it was nothing to make me straight up hate the car and move on from it.
I personally love my Si the way it is now, but if a type R showed up at my door, say goodbye to my Si.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I don't know man, I feel like having a higher budget and instead going with a car coming in at close to half that budget, it will inevitably lead to some buyer's regret. The Si is a great car, no doubt, for the price. Unless you just really loved the styling of the Si or planned on putting the rest of that $15k into mods, there are plenty of more sporty, luxurious, or practical cars for $40 grand. This car was built so that people could still have a lot of fun at $25k, but if you are someone who was in the market for a $40k vehicle, I don't see how this car could possibly have lived up to your expectations/desires.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
I don't know man, I feel like having a higher budget and instead going with a car coming in at close to half that budget, it will inevitably lead to some buyer's regret. The Si is a great car, no doubt, for the price. Unless you just really loved the styling of the Si or planned on putting the rest of that $15k into mods, there are plenty of more sporty, luxurious, or practical cars for $40 grand. This car was built so that people could still have a lot of fun at $25k, but if you are someone who was in the market for a $40k vehicle, I don't see how this car could possibly have lived up to your expectations/desires.
Agree

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
The only interest is the Accord 2.0 Sport

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Personally im always ready to change
I waiting to see what happen with a couple of new cars such as:
New audi A3
New WRX with a more modern and fuel efficient engine?
ILX with a new platform and engine?
Golf R
Or bmw 2 serie

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
An Si is a gr8 car....that little 1.5 is a beast...I am the one that bought a 19 Si....used it as a project car...Mods all over even a 27won turbo upgrade...I went HKS suspension....I pulled more power @ 340 Hp to wheels...BUT the torque steer made me trade it in....Finally got my CTR for 1000 over MSRP
...The front suspension is the only thing the Type R has over the Si....all about what you want!!

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
Personally im always ready to change
I waiting to see what happen with a couple of new cars such as:
New audi A3
New WRX with a more modern and fuel efficient engine?
ILX with a new platform and engine?
Golf R
Or bmw 2 serie
what about the BMW M3???? that is a beast of a car!!! 475 horsepower!!!

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve thought about trading mine since about 6 months after getting it. I trade up frequently though. I was dead set on a Grand Cherokee or Cx-5 and now the Honda Passport or accord 2.0 sport. Love the accord 2.0 sport most out of those but wanting the suv for light towing and large stuff for the house. Only reason I haven’t traded is I will go from a 300 payment to a 400 payment and let’s just say I’m a cheap mofo.

OP
OP

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
Actually, many of the $40K cars seemed to fall short as far as reports on reliability.
Take Subaru, for example.
Always thought those things were supposed to be bullet proof, but friends and online reports say otherwise, and they are expensive to work on.
Even considered Outbacks and Foresters as I like driving on country back roads, but sounds like they are just too fragile.
Never considered any luxury brands other than the Acura RDX.
Anyway, I made my decision based on the fact that I've owned a Honda Si before, and there is a Honda dealer close by for service and such.

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually, many of the $40K cars seemed to fall short as far as reports on reliability.
Take Subaru, for example.
Always thought those things were supposed to be bullet proof, but friends and online reports say otherwise, and they are expensive to work on.
Even considered Outbacks and Foresters as I like driving on country back roads, but sounds like they are just too fragile.
Never considered any luxury brands other than the Acura RDX.
Anyway, I made my decision based on the fact that I've owned a Honda Si before, and there is a Honda dealer close by for service and such.
I did my homework on the Subaru wrx and sti for a couple years...same with the CTR.....Every time I wanted to push the button on a Sub...that boxer engine blows up...reasons...that car runs hotter than hell...the oil bubbles and vaporizes...next thing you know your engine blows....If you baby your Subaru and have the $$$$ to change it's diapers....it would work!!! I feel like a car sales now! But seriously get the car that makes you happy.

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve thought about trading mine since about 6 months after getting it. I trade up frequently though. I was dead set on a Grand Cherokee or Cx-5 and now the Honda Passport or accord 2.0 sport. Love the accord 2.0 sport most out of those but wanting the suv for light towing and large stuff for the house. Only reason I haven’t traded is I will go from a 300 payment to a 400 payment and let’s just say I’m a cheap mofo.
Dang bro...I caould get that payment down!!! Just grab the finance manager by his nards and pull!!!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
After owning my Si for 1 year, 3 months and 17k, I needed something more comfortable, something easier to drive in traffic, and I wanted to get back into a V6, so I sold it and bought a used Lexus IS 350 (fully loaded). Never been happier
Sponsored