Who has the most miles on their 1.5t civic?

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Anybody run into the infamous oil-dilution problem that supposedly "plagued" the 1.5T engine (more notably in the CRV).
I thought the oil dilution problems were only speculation.
Sponsored

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Honda China had to halt sales of the CRV because of said problem. The frustrating part is that I haven't heard anything new on the Western hemisphere. All I see is the same old article (about Honda China) regurgitated over and over, as well as vocal minorities chirping on various forums.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Honda China had to halt sales of the CRV because of said problem. The frustrating part is that I haven't heard anything new on the Western hemisphere. All I see is the same old article (about Honda China) regurgitated over and over, as well as vocal minorities chirping on various forums.
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums...72041-honda-recall-china-engines-gas-oil.html

Appears to affect Honda turbo engines.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I guess I should have been more specific. I thought reduced engine life or performance due to oil dilution was only speculation.
I think we can establish that oil dilution is par for the course for DI engines. Reduced engine life/performance, should that happen, would be miles down the road.

The problem, at least from what I've gathered from the panic threads, is that CRV owners are saying oil dilution is severe and happening early in the engines' life. There are photos showing that oil level is well above the dip stick markers. "That can't be good".

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
2016 EX-T sedan, turned 58,000 miles yesterday. Purchased car the first week of Feb. 2016. I have a 70 mile round trip to work 5 or 6 days a week on mostly country roads at 50-60 mph, not many stops. Six oil changes so far plus whatever filters and other fluid changes the maintenance minder popped up. No brake pads needed yet.

The only real problem I've had is the CVT surging problem. It took several thousand miles (12k?) to first show up but a software update fixed that. One oddity I had this past winter (which was extremely cold for NC) was that the infotainment screen would go dark off and on till the car interior warmed up.

I still have OEM tires but they were put on at approx. 16,000 miles. I bought a set of the Touring OEM wheels with new tires someone was swapping out. I really liked the Touring wheels, had to have them. Anyway with 42,000 miles on them they still have good tread life left. I expect to get well over 50k from them.

I love this car!

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you just followed the MM ? Change the CVT fluid drain and fill ?
Yes followed the mm CVT was changed @ 30k due to surging complete drain and fill (dropped the pan) light hasn't popped up for CVT fluid yet... Brake fluid just barely popped up but I live in a dry climate so I'm gonna let that one slide a little longer.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
2016 EX-T sedan, turned 58,000 miles yesterday. Purchased car the first week of Feb. 2016. I have a 70 mile round trip to work 5 or 6 days a week on mostly country roads at 50-60 mph, not many stops. Six oil changes so far plus whatever filters and other fluid changes the maintenance minder popped up. No brake pads needed yet.

The only real problem I've had is the CVT surging problem. It took several thousand miles (12k?) to first show up but a software update fixed that. One oddity I had this past winter (which was extremely cold for NC) was that the infotainment screen would go dark off and on till the car interior warmed up.

I still have OEM tires but they were put on at approx. 16,000 miles. I bought a set of the Touring OEM wheels with new tires someone was swapping out. I really liked the Touring wheels, had to have them. Anyway with 42,000 miles on them they still have good tread life left. I expect to get well over 50k from them.

I love this car!
I agree with the touring rims. They look great for stock

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
I have around 16500 miles on mine and I purchased my civic in August of 2016.

I had the AC compressor replaced under warranty as well as some AC hoses due to the AC not being cool unless I revved it to about 3k rpm.
The AC is much cooler after they fixed it and it is very nice I no longer complain about the AC.

glbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sports Hatchback
Country flag
I have 9,100 miles in 14 months.
Sponsored