Who has changed their Rear Motor Mount/Pitch Stopper?

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Thanks.

I am thinking I want to get one but cant decide. Do I grab one from the current offerings or wait a bit to see what else comes out.

Available
Cusco
Hasport 62a or 70a
Boomba

Awaiting release
27won
Innovative
Who else??
What’s the durometer on the Cusco & Boomba?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SBD47

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
How is the Cusco vs Hasport 62a? Is the Cusco for mostly street or is it mostly for racing?
Cusco is a lot more stiffer than the hasport 62a. If your going to upgrade I would recommend at least going up to the hasport 70a because 62a honestly to me is not stiff enough still

jjerror

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, BMW Z4M, Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I installed boomba one last night. There are lots of vibration at low rpm. But the good thing is wheel hop is gone. I need to drive it more in stop and go traffic to see if I can stand the vibration

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
I installed boomba one last night. There are lots of vibration at low rpm. But the good thing is wheel hop is gone. I need to drive it more in stop and go traffic to see if I can stand the vibration
According to Boomba's site:

As with any aftermarket motor mount, there will be added NVH(noise vibration harshness) that wasn't there before. These mounts take 1,000 to 2,000 miles to fully break in.

jjerror

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, BMW Z4M, Toyota Sienna
Country flag
According to Boomba's site:

As with any aftermarket motor mount, there will be added NVH(noise vibration harshness) that wasn't there before. These mounts take 1,000 to 2,000 miles to fully break in.
yea. I read that. I was expecting NVH. Just didn't know how bad it would be. And I need to adjust my driving style a bit to avoid the NVH

sosoye

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, S2000, Turbo Miata
Country flag
Well.....the saga continues. For those who didn’t see my post in another thread, I received my Hasport 70A Rear Motor Mount last Monday. I attempted to install it on Tuesday only to find that it hadn’t been assembled properly and would not fit. Hasport 2-day shipped me the proper parts, which I received today, 6 days later. Only, I didn’t actually receive any parts because the USPS mangled the package and it arrived completely empty. So, Hasport is once again sending me the right parts, and hopefully I’ll receive the package, in tact, soon. Stay tuned.
My 70A mount I attempted to install was not assembled properly and would not fit.
The bushing is not flush against the mount so it will not fit.
Contemplating ordering a boomba racing mount purely for the ease of installation.

sosoye

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There’s a gap between the bushing and the mount. And that is the only thing stopping me from getting this mount in.

Should I try slotting the polybushing at an angle so it can slide in easier?

I don’t think the small amount of material I’m cutting off will affect the functionality

Honda Civic 10th gen Who has changed their Rear Motor Mount/Pitch Stopper? CBC51AE9-C8BD-440C-9EBA-48758C4E6898

Regular civic rear engine mounts are already designed this way.

Honda Civic 10th gen Who has changed their Rear Motor Mount/Pitch Stopper? 94BD5AE6-909A-4294-A6EE-60E414135EEF

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Has anyone tried just window welding the stock rear mount?

I did this with my turbo sentra and it was like near stock NVH, but without any wheelhop. Car was 330whp and did 2.0 60' at the 1/4 mile on street tires with it.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

I did this with my turbo sentra and it was like near stock NVH, but without any wheelhop. Car was 330whp and did 2.0 60' at the 1/4 mile on street tires with it.
People have tried window welding the stock mount. It gets definitely stiffer and also adds some NVH, just not as much as the Hasport 62a. Its a solid medium ground between OEM and hasport street.

sosoye

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m going to windowweld mine and return the hasport mount.
Motor mount is already off and car is already down so might as well.
I’m planning on letting it dry for 3 days or so. Maybe longer

zcEF

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Before you send it back, that should still fit. Mine was like that and you just need a bit of lube such as silicone spray or butter if you must. It'll slide in perfectly after that. Try it first, if not send it back and try the weld, but you'll be very happy with the Hasport.

There’s a gap between the bushing and the mount. And that is the only thing stopping me from getting this mount in.

Should I try slotting the polybushing at an angle so it can slide in easier?

I don’t think the small amount of material I’m cutting off will affect the functionality

CBC51AE9-C8BD-440C-9EBA-48758C4E6898.jpeg

Regular civic rear engine mounts are already designed this way.

94BD5AE6-909A-4294-A6EE-60E414135EEF.jpeg

sosoye

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Before you send it back, that should still fit. Mine was like that and you just need a bit of lube such as silicone spray or butter if you must. It'll slide in perfectly after that. Try it first, if not send it back and try the weld, but you'll be very happy with the Hasport.
During my first attempt, I used my favorite ShinEtsu grease.
I had a whole tube leftover from my S2000 when I was getting rid of the squeaking from the Mugen Hardtop I had.
The mount does not fit in.
Maybe you can come over and prove me wrong :p
Sponsored