Who has changed their Rear Motor Mount/Pitch Stopper?

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Who has changed their Rear Motor Mount/Pitch Stopper? s9cXJY3Wo2GbIUiCDCYiLSGWOsKfztKa4ip4vcbv3JXjwo58bwU-ytdbPKIpzoyaTa1NCpsRvdLsxpO5By=w1666-h937-no

Just took the car out and I'm very happy with the results. A little down on power in the lower ranges, to be expected but I also think it now needs a tune, the off the shelf one I'm running has been outpaced. I've got a line on an e-tune though, just waiting for a little warmer weather to come.

Wheel hop is eliminated. It'll spin, it'll pop like mad*, but no hop. Wheel spin in 2nd is diminished and gone in 3rd which sounds odd, but remember I have summer tires on 38* roads right now. Not a whole lot out there for traction so I'm impressed it did as well as it did.

*Exhaust pop. Never had that before, but now with the RV6 combo DP (catted)/FP, I get some pops and burbles, especially during wheelspin.

Sound is fantastic. A little bassier, a little louder. Just a little, just enough. No 2.0T is going to sound great, but this one, I can live with.

Vibrations aren't bad at all. You feel a tiny bit as you apply gas from a standstill but I generally just use the clutch to start out, and even then, no chatter or resonance. The resonance picks up just a little later, and there's a 2nd bit at about 4k rpm but otherwise, it's very livable. Yay Cusco. It's a high durometer mount too which had me worried, but it's not bad. I think it's 82 or 84, I don't remember which. And fully warmed up and idling? I can't tell it's there. I let the car cool down for a good 5 minutes since I beat on it pretty hard, and neither inside nor outside did I catch any hint that the mount was changed.
Sponsored

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I'm at 2 weeks with the Cusco mount and I have no qualms, it has improved traction as well as road feel beyond what I expected. The downsides are completely livable.

And I would definitely say they "break in" somewhat. And not over time - but when you pull the car out on a 35* morning, then pull it back in at 40* after a nice drive when everything is warmed up, the NVH is noticeably less at the end than at the start of the drive. That tells me that these things are still compliant to a degree and will warm up just like most parts. These aren't solid metal, so there is some forgiveness and i do believe that over time, even on cold startups in cold weather, they won't be as noisy as when first installed.

And again, even if that doesn't happen, I don't regret putting it on, I only regret not doing it sooner. Good mod.

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
s9cXJY3Wo2GbIUiCDCYiLSGWOsKfztKa4ip4vcbv3JXjwo58bwU-ytdbPKIpzoyaTa1NCpsRvdLsxpO5By=w1666-h937-no.jpg

Just took the car out and I'm very happy with the results. A little down on power in the lower ranges, to be expected but I also think it now needs a tune, the off the shelf one I'm running has been outpaced. I've got a line on an e-tune though, just waiting for a little warmer weather to come.

Wheel hop is eliminated. It'll spin, it'll pop like mad*, but no hop.
What is difference between popping and hopping? Also when you say down on power do you mean you feel less power from it? Thank you

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is difference between popping and hopping? Also when you say down on power do you mean you feel less power from it? Thank you
I did two mods at once - rear motor mount and a front pipe install. The front pipe was what introduced the "down on power" bit. An updated tune which was actually a baseline tune from Derek Robinson solved that issue.

Popping and hopping - what I meant was that the motor mount solved wheel hopping/wheelhop. Instead it spins if traction isn't there but both myself and my axles prefer spin to hop. Popping was what I noticed out of the exhaust in instances where I hit the rev limiter and/or during wheelspin. I actually haven't had that happen again so that first impression may have been misguided. Either way, neither is due to the mount itself, but moreso the combo of the tune and front pipe, I think.

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Do these mounts help with that kinda jumpy feeling when shifting fast? Or am I just letting off clutch to fast?

Last edited:

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
My 27won mount arrived this weekend.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Dont panic on the first startup. It settles down after a couple of drives.
I love how people need to brace others for reassurance. Almost like every one of us that have switched had that "what have I done" moment. Lmao

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I love how people need to brace others for reassurance. Almost like every one of us that have switched had that "what have I done" moment. Lmao
I had that moment on my first start up lol. There is some pros and cons with the 27won mount but for me theres more pros than cons.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
There's no risk I'm going to panic about vibrations.

I've driven cars around with drag suspension and solid mounts in my time.

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 27won mount arrived this weekend.
I just installed my 27Won yesterday and first reaction was definitely more NVH than I anticipated. I knew it was going to be rough, but nowhere near what I witnessed lol. That being said, it ain't that bad once driving. I've only put 50miles on it today, I started getting used to it. I drive 500miles a week so the break in period will be fast.

I guess I was too comfortable with the Hasport 62A on the B motors back in the day and forgot how bad NVH was at first.

Last edited:

SloPoke83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just installed my 27Won yesterday and first reaction was definitely more NVH than I anticipated. I knew it was going to be rough, but nowhere near what I witnessed lol. That being said, it ain't that bad. I've only put 50miles on it today, I started getting used to it. I drive 500miles a week so the break in period will be fast.

I guess I was too comfortable with the Hasport 62A on the B motors back in the day and forgot how bad NVH was at first.
Post up after break in please. I have a 27won waiting to go in and am a bit nervous...

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Post up after break in please. I have a 27won waiting to go in and am a bit nervous...
Day 3, over 200miles on it now. The cold start is less now, it really toned down since day 1. It is still there, but not as violent as first initial startup.

The most NVH is 1700-2100rpms, and it really tapers off after 2500. I daily the car so I'm usually driving 2000-2500rpms on country roads, so typically 60mph where I am averaging 42mpg on a tank. On the interstates, I'm doing 70-78mph so the rpms are around 2800 and it is mellow here, with little vibration. I should also say that on acceleration I'm usually 30-50% throttle from a stop to 60mph. Again, the NVH has decreased compared to day 1.

The noise? Yeah, it is louder inside the cabin. Do I really need to elaborate why, as this is common with NVH on upgraded mounts? :p

I'll give another update after 1000 miles.

Mind you, I am in the Si, but this was a big thread concerning the rear mount so I posted here. The 27Won mount is universal on the 10th gens so yeah, I see no issue here. I expect the NVH to be similar on the K20 as the L15 is, if driving styles are controlled.
Sponsored