Who’s had a Condenser puncture?

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Can add wire mesh that isn't too restrictive or don't drive too close to the car in front of you.

niknjay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Latole

I agree the front grill is not there to protect it - its more the fact that honda has designed the opens where they did - if i showed the upper grill intake you would see the rad fins, but they have no damage to them. I bought Honda for the quality and dependability. I have had civics before and never an issue with rad or a/c getting punctured. I agree that to keep the cost down they may have used lighter and more fragile material. Thus protection by placement would seem very important. As you said they are only 17,000 CDN, and but when you take into account a $950 repair bill with about a year and a half of driving, I bought in Oct, then it doesnt seem like such a good deal. If i make no changes it will just happen again.

Thanks for the info on the Mesh - i am definitely looking for a good fix but do want to make sure i keep up the air flow.

Dba12913 - i wasnt so lucky - Honda Canada won't warranty puncture

Swordfish - good eye LOL - it is and i pulled it out right after i took the pic.

niknjay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Can add wire mesh that isn't too restrictive or don't drive too close to the car in front of you.
Yes looking for something like that, but as for the following too close - It's my wife car and she wont do that - doesnt want to get it dirty or chipped - which is something i pointed out to the dealer when they asked about gravel roads. The rocks dont jump up on their own, so the implication of following too close would as have the hood covered in stone chips which we dont have. I feel a car should be build to be drive on the roads gravel or paved and not sustain damage to the internal components, so design placement and quality of components is the issue i believe.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Latole

I agree the front grill is not there to protect it - its more the fact that honda has designed the opens where they did - if i showed the upper grill intake you would see the rad fins, but they have no damage to them. I bought Honda for the quality and dependability. I have had civics before and never an issue with rad or a/c getting punctured. I agree that to keep the cost down they may have used lighter and more fragile material. Thus protection by placement would seem very important. As you said they are only 17,000 CDN, and but when you take into account a $950 repair bill with about a year and a half of driving, I bought in Oct, then it doesnt seem like such a good deal. If i make no changes it will just happen again.
Truss me , I'm sorry for you
10 th generation is a complete new car from A to Z . We all take a chance when we bought it.
May be in few years it will be more reliable ?

niknjay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Truss me , I'm sorry for you
10 th generation is a complete new car from A to Z . We all take a chance when we bought it.
May be in few years it will be more reliable ?
Hope so too - wife loves the car, just a bit of a blow when you are use to Honda quality - and the old idea "New car no worries - i have a warranty to take care of the big issues" Part of the reason i comment on here is hopefully Honda will note the issue and improve it.

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
OP - isn't the intercooler located at the bottom of the grille?

oliviaiiii

First Name
Olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, TT, Civic LX,
Country flag
I had
Yeah and apparently no one really has the A/C machine to do it yet since it requires a different setup then r134a. So until alot of these cars start needing A/C work , few independent shops will have the machine and we are stuck with the dealer...
I am in the dealers waiting room waiting on result of ac diagnosis on my 16 LX And they charged $459 for the new Freon. So hurtful.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had

I am in the dealers waiting room waiting on result of ac diagnosis on my 16 LX And they charged $459 for the new Freon. So hurtful.
Only for the gas ? No any condeser or .....By the way it is not freon IMO

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Replace your condenser under warranty or you will pay for it out of pocket

Honda Civic 10th gen Who’s had a Condenser puncture? IMG-20180519-WA0014

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
is there any problems with driving it with a hole in the condensor if you dont need cool air?

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Not really. Any refrigeration application that can use 134-type refrigerants (incl. 1234) can use propane, and many cars sold outside of the US do just this. It's a lateral swap with the addition of lubricants to prolong the compressor life (products sold as refrigerant usually have the lubricants included).
Sponsored

Last edited: