Whizzing/whirring sound after car stop or turned off

lalajuju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX CVT
I bought 2016 honda civic 10 days ago and have put on ~250KMs.
I noticed that AFTER car is stopped at the stop sign, there is that whizzing/whirring sound (after the car wheel stop rolling) coming as if a fan or engine or something is shutting down (deaccelrating fan speed sound). This is somewhat annoying because it occurs after the wheels have stopped rolling, it feels like it realizes car is not moving and it can shut down few more things to save on power/fuel.

I also get the same sound when car is turned off, everything under the hood doesn't seem to be shutting down immediately and get whizzing/whirring of fan or engine slowly switching off.

I can understand the noise when car is deaccelerating on braking but not after the car has stopped rolling.

Does anybody have this problem?

(This was kind of weird because I had also test-drove Subaru Impreza and it had the exact same sound bit more pronounced though, but any of the civics i test-drove didn't have this)
Sponsored

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I bought 2016 honda civic 10 days ago and have put on ~250KMs.
I noticed that AFTER car is stopped at the stop sign, there is that whizzing/whirring sound (after the car wheel stop rolling) coming as if a fan or engine or something is shutting down (deaccelrating fan speed sound). This is somewhat annoying because it occurs after the wheels have stopped rolling, it feels like it realizes car is not moving and it can shut down few more things to save on power/fuel.

I also get the same sound when car is turned off, everything under the hood doesn't seem to be shutting down immediately and get whizzing/whirring of fan or engine slowly switching off.

I can understand the noise when car is deaccelerating on braking but not after the car has stopped rolling.

Does anybody have this problem?

(This was kind of weird because I had also test-drove Subaru Impreza and it had the exact same sound bit more pronounced though, but any of the civics i test-drove didn't have this)
It is likely the AC compressor. Search the forums and you will see lots of similar posts noting the same thing. Here's one: http://www.civicx.com/threads/winding-noise-coming-from-the-engine-bay.925/