First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatch sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what happens if the front endlinks are set too short or too long? will it cause any damage?
Sponsored

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We’re yours a lot shorter than OEM ones? I’m a little nervous installing mine becasuse they are so short.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what happens if the front endlinks are set too short or too long? will it cause any damage?
No, they are adjustable for that reason. Too short is never really a problem. Generally, at it shortest, it still matches OEM length. The only concern with going to long is that you don't keep enough thread in the body and it rips out. Be sure to have at least 2-4 full turns in the main body for that.

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, they are adjustable for that reason. Too short is never really a problem. Generally, at it shortest, it still matches OEM length. The only concern with going to long is that you don't keep enough thread in the body and it rips out. Be sure to have at least 2-4 full turns in the main body for that.
If lowered on Sportlines, do you know how much shorter the front endlinks should be?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If lowered on Sportlines, do you know how much shorter the front endlinks should be?
Unless you have specific track or course you are tuning for I suggest just matching OEM to start with.

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless you have specific track or course you are tuning for I suggest just matching OEM to start with.
Yeah there's a problem with that lol, the endlinks that I received aren't adjustable to match the oem lengths.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah there's a problem with that lol, the endlinks that I received aren't adjustable to match the oem lengths.
Have a picture of them you can share? and part #.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah I see, that's the universal kit that Whiteline sells. That is a universal part and you as the end user are supposed to cut it to length. That is not a chassis-specific kit which explains why it's not fitting how you are expecting. Whiteline make chassis-specific kits for our cars which is what we run and what I suggest.

What you want is part # KLC140-335

That is the true front kit for the 10gen.

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah I see, that's the universal kit that Whiteline sells. That is a universal part and you as the end user are supposed to cut it to length. That is not a chassis-specific kit which explains why it's not fitting how you are expecting. Whiteline make chassis-specific kits for our cars which is what we run and what I suggest.

What you want is part # KLC140-335

That is the true front kit for the 10gen.
That’s what I was afraid of. I didn’t find a chassis specific part on Pro Covic so I wasn’t sure if there was one. Do you know roughly how much distance should be between the top and bottom of the mounting points for my FK7? I’m only lowered on Eibach Sportline springs so it’s not an aggressive drop. Thanks Vincent!

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
We do offer both options on our site: the one labeled "Not recommend for use with soft or factory springs" is in fact the Universal application, which we have verified to definitely work with coilovers / lowering springs. The other one labeled "Extra Heavy Duty" works with all spring types, but is a lot more expensive. This is the actual specific one for the 10th Civic.

I see we responded to your email as well. Let us know if you have any more questions at all.

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We do offer both options on our site: the one labeled "Not recommend for use with soft or factory springs" is in fact the Universal application, which we have verified to definitely work with coilovers / lowering springs. The other one labeled "Extra Heavy Duty" works with all spring types, but is a lot more expensive. This is the actual specific one for the 10th Civic.

I see we responded to your email as well. Let us know if you have any more questions at all.
Yes I got your email and I responded. Can you send the link for the other ones? I only see these for the Hatchback non Type-R

Honda Civic 10th gen whiteline front endlinks setting 84A78059-B1F5-4836-A4C9-09F2A15CB135

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We were actually missing the non-Type R hatchback one, so that's why it didn't show up. If you want to swap out the Universal ones for the other ones, simply email [email protected] and we'll take care of you. Just so you know, we run the Universal ones on our EXT and they work fine.

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would rather use the ones I originally ordered if it works. I know I have to have the front end raised in the air and both wheels off to do this. Is it normal to raise the control arm higher that I would think in order to install the end links? How many turns would you suggest I should do on the new links so that it won’t snap from not being threaded enough? Again I’m only on Sportline springs. Thanks!

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not certain what you mean by raising the control arm higher to install the end links, I noticed that we got back to you on the question regarding thread engagement and the rule of thumb is to have 1mm of thread engagement for ever millimeter of thread diameter. But for something like the end links we would recommend an extra millimeter or two of engagement.
Sponsored