First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I own a Civic RS 2018, its still new however recently i've noticed when i let off the gas in high rpm like around 5000+, there is a whistling noise that comes from the engine. It doesn't affect drive or anything, just worried it could be a bigger underlying issue.
Sponsored

wbuff

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I own a Civic RS 2018, its still new however recently i've noticed when i let off the gas in high rpm like around 5000+, there is a whistling noise that comes from the engine. It doesn't affect drive or anything, just worried it could be a bigger underlying issue.
Sounds like it's the turbo spooling and you're able to hear it because you're decelerating.

OP
OP

Nevik

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic RS 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like it's the turbo spooling and you're able to hear it because you're decelerating.
I dont think its the turbo as the whistle is more of a mechanical whistle. I can hear the turbo spooling up and down when driving, it doesnt sound like the turbo.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I think that's the sound of the transmission at high rpm, I hear the same thing after I got stiffer mounts. Becomes more obvious after letting off the gas because less exhaust noise
Sponsored