Firthy13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I have a new ctr. Only 600 kms on it. Since i got it, it has had this screeching noice coming from the front end you can hear when the windows are down. If i accelerate, it stops. If i get off the throttle and let it roll it starts. It sounds like the rubbing of pads that are too close to the discs. But when rolling the application of the differening brake pressure has no effect on the noise. Tried to record it but near impossible to hear with the wind coming in the window.
Any ideas or things to check?
Sponsored

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Yea it seem like a good portion of us ctr owners have it. People are saying its the BOV but nobody knows for sure

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Yeah both my car and my girlfriend's car have this noise. Kinda sucks, but at this point I'd say it's a feature, not a bug.

OP
OP
Firthy13

Firthy13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Fair enough. Its a shame, i find that more annoying then the infotainment system. Looks like ill just have to learn to put up with it. Thanks guys!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Do we know what about the bypass valve is causing this? I met up with 2 other CTR owners over the weekend, and neither of their cars had this issue (but I do). I have a 2019, and they had a 2017 and a 2018.

OP
OP
Firthy13

Firthy13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Th
Do we know what about the bypass valve is causing this? I met up with 2 other CTR owners over the weekend, and neither of their cars had this issue (but I do). I have a 2019, and they had a 2017 and a 2018.
Thats interesting, mine is an 2018 and does it.

TheSnakeJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
did you actually ride with these guys to confirm that they don't have the "issue"? they may very well have it and just haven't noticed. i owned my car for 6 months before i realized it.

InitialDougie

1st PMM CTR delivery & only 2017 Sold @ MSRP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, RSX Type S, CTR
Country flag
My 2017 has this sound, I always though it was just turbo noises too. But if it’s not on the 2019 then what could explain the sound ?

C-CAT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I just picked my ‘19 up last night with 6 miles on the odo and I noticed the noise on mine a mile after leaving the dealer...I’ve been doing some digging and a lot of people have been saying it’s the wastegate actuator rattling. Not sure if that’s the case, but it’s quite annoying/distracting. If it’s not an actual problem, I can learn to live with it since it’s only audible when I have the windows down and radio off, but still doesn’t seem like something that should be happening on a brand new car on it’s 3rd year of production :dunno:
Sponsored