bansheeback

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have a Civic Hatch EX (CVT) that makes an odd whining noise whenever I shift to “L” and continue to drive. It’ll happen continuously and will get higher in pitch as the RPM increases. The only happens when the car is shifted to “L”. Does anyone know what this could be?
Sponsored

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
Seems to be normal for our cars. How many miles do you have on your Civic? A flush around 30K miles depending on how severe you drive is good preventative maintenance. Fresh fluids help reduce the whining noise from the CVT belts

OP
OP
bansheeback

bansheeback

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Seems to be normal for our cars. How many miles do you have on your Civic? A flush around 30K miles depending on how severe you drive is good preventative maintenance. Fresh fluids help reduce the whining noise from the CVT belts
It’s only at 13000 miles. I don’t mind the noise I’m just making sure it’s not indicative of an underlying problem.

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
It’s only at 13000 miles. I don’t mind the noise I’m just making sure it’s not indicative of an underlying problem.
A little bit of noise is normal. If it concerns you, I would drive another Civic similar to yours and see how it compares.
Sponsored