Which tire would you go with ??

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Sticking to the factory size 215/50/17 for my 16 Touring..
I have read a lot of good things about the Continental DWS 06 , BUT I came across the Goodyear Assurance MaxLife, and Tire Rack has it ranked #1 within the category, and the scores in the tire performance ratings are far better than the DWS... Which would you guys go with?? it would be nice if we could test ride them lol
Sponsored

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
I just swapped in DWS 06 on my '16 Touring Coupe. I have them on my BMW, and now on my Civic.

It's a great tire - I highly recommend it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sticking to the factory size 215/50/17 for my 16 Touring..
I have read a lot of good things about the Continental DWS 06 , BUT I came across the Goodyear Assurance MaxLife, and Tire Rack has it ranked #1 within the category, and the scores in the tire performance ratings are far better than the DWS... Which would you guys go with?? it would be nice if we could test ride them lol
Those are two completely different tires. One is just a standard Touring tire with good treadlife as it's main selling point. The other is a performance oriented all season. Like wilbur, the Continental would be my choice as well.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Like the other post mentioned different categories.
The Continental compare with
Bridgestone RE980
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

I have the Michelin on my CTR and my GF on her WRX. So far we are both very impressed with them. Steering response is quick, great traction and a great sporty ride. The Continentals were also on our list but $150 off at Costco helped seal the deal. You can't go wrong with any of the above if you are looking for a performance oriented A/S tire.

spoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've had DWS 06 on my car since it was new in April 2016 and they're great. They are, however, going to transfer more road imperfections to the car than the stock tires or those Goodyears, but they are much more responsive and enjoyable to drive on. It should be noted that the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ that they compete against do not come in the stock 215/50 R17
Sponsored