SiX

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Country flag
I am really enjoying my Vit stage 1, but this TSP has me curious. Has anyone with Tsp stage 1 taken their Si to the drag strip? I would love to see what they run
Didn't take advantage of no-lift-shifts, and it was a hot day at the track, but here's the slip. [email protected]

Honda Civic 10th gen Which stage 1 tune? IMG_20180804_230313
Sponsored

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Udate for anyone following:

KTuner had a recovery device and replacement v1.2 at my door at 9:30am this morning. The recovery worked and got my car running on the factory tune on the first try! Then I tried the new v1.2 and was able to flash the TSP tune on the first try. Everything is now up and running. Can't thank KTuner enough for working with me through my frustration! Also, big shoutout to Two Step Performance. I emailed them telling them about having a new unit with a new serial number and they sent me an updated tune within seconds. Amazing service all around.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
No problem. We'll inspect your unit once we get it back to see what went wrong! While it's a small percentage of failures compared to how many units are out there (More than 1600), the V1.2 device is still relatively new (Launched January 1st of this year) so I am constantly looking at ways to improve the process!

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Udate for anyone following:

KTuner had a recovery device and replacement v1.2 at my door at 9:30am this morning. The recovery worked and got my car running on the factory tune on the first try! Then I tried the new v1.2 and was able to flash the TSP tune on the first try. Everything is now up and running. Can't thank KTuner enough for working with me through my frustration! Also, big shoutout to Two Step Performance. I emailed them telling them about having a new unit with a new serial number and they sent me an updated tune within seconds. Amazing service all around.
Wow! That's some customer service! They are seriously spades above most!

Glad it worked out, you'll love the new tune!

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance, but does this TSP tune work similar to the Vit tune? What I mean is, are there two different tunes/ boost levels in normal and sport modes? I have the ktuner in my cart, but I wanted to clarify this first.

Deleted member

@Chief 08, Yes. tehSteve covered the question well. I have quoted his post below.

You have 3 "maps" that are uploaded with one file.
Each map has dual settings.
One is non-sport mode. The other is activated when pressing the sport button.

Your rotate through the maps by using your steering wheel buttons.
The tachometer will settle on 1k rpm, 2krpm, 3krpm, so you know visually what map you have chosen.

Map 1 (1000rpm display on tach): Factory boost levels and turbocharger response.
Map 2: (2000rpm display on tach) 19psi normal, 21psi "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II
Map 3: (3 000rpm display on tach)19psi normal, custom boost level "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Is the TSP Stage 1 tune stock clutch friendly? On like mild mods like an intake and street exhaust.
"Clutch friendly" will be more dependent on how you drive it. Don't stress the clutch with 3k rpm launches or 5th gear full throttle speed runs all the time and you will be fine. Also, the clutch wear will vary based on how well you followed a break-in process. Whatever intake & exhaust you are talking about will make no significant difference.

egodriver07

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the subtle jab at 'other' intake manufacturers on the tuning page. "Suitable for use with the factory intake or a QUALITY aftermarket intake that keep fuel trims in check such as the PRL Motorsports Cobra."
:rofl:

Am I still going to try it with my Injen? ...for only $79 bucks you betcha I am!
Curious if you ordered and how it's working with the Inje?. I have an Injen on mine that I love and seem to have no issues with. But before I do I'd like to hear your experience.

fretcrazy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious if you ordered and how it's working with the Inje?. I have an Injen on mine that I love and seem to have no issues with. But before I do I'd like to hear your experience.
Unfortunately I dropped my V2 and broke the touchscreen the day I got my TSP tune (while walking downstairs to upload it):banghead:. KTuner got me fixed up super fast and I'll have it back tomorrow though, will let you know.

*That being said, if you don't currently have problems with your AFR or your fuel trims, you should be just fine with the TSP Stage 1. With our intakes it seems luck of the draw, some are dead on.

fretcrazy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@egodriver07 my final thoughts: 1) It's still on sale 2) on-the-fly map switching is the bees knees 3) buy it! Lol.

I really enjoy having some throttle padding back, with my custom tune I feel like the car is always set on 'kill' - which has its proper time and place - but I really appreciate the fact that @Two Step Performance includes the 3 maps all for such a great price. This is my daily so putting through traffic, drop in down to 'stock', wanna pass that silly STI next to you? Put it on #3 ;) :thumbsup:

ConMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
So if I'm dribing with a stage 1 tune or a basemaps on all stock car (not flooring it everytime I drive) would it be fine?
Sponsored