First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i just want to delete rev hang. Is Factory Normal/19.5 Sport or factory starting point calibration better in the long run? My vehicle is stock 2020 civic si.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Factory starting point will remove some limitations, but still targets factory boost levels in normal and sport. Choose that if you don't really want much extra power.

If you want a little extra pep when in sport you can certainly choose one of the dual calibrations to aid with that. You can also choose any specific boost level you want for either mode in the quick adjustment settings.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I think it's a great idea to use one of the dual starter tunes and choose you own boost levels from the dropdown. You can keep things like throttle and spool and turbo responsiveness at factory and just choose to remove rev hang. Map just a bit more boost to Sport and keep Normal as low as you want.

My take is that if you're going to tune, you may as well improve driveability a bit. Maybe try improved throttle response and ramp. There are so many combinations that will change the feel and honestly, won't affect reliability. This is proven out by our ongoing Tuned CivicX reliability survey.
Sponsored