Gallo_vera

First Name
Jayro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
I am very new with this modding stuff for a car, but I’m really considering buying a whole new wheel and tire setup for my orchard white si sedan. Looking at these 2 which one looks cleaner? (Both pictured below are lowered on eibach springs) The first ones fitment is 18x9.5 45 and the second one is 18x9.5 40. What’s the difference? It’s only a 5 number difference.

Honda Civic 10th gen Which fitment looks cleaner? 2736B32D-86A1-49E7-8492-68556DFB4CBD

Honda Civic 10th gen Which fitment looks cleaner? F5A38226-5EDE-4136-B23D-7F01584EBFDC

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
The sedan looks absolutely killer in my opinion. I think we’ve officially concluded that the perfect range for most people and our cars in particular is 35-45 offset wise with a wheel size of 18 x 9.5. Lowered, rubbing could be an issue but usually after rolling (bending) the fender tabs your good to go. Personally, look the weight of both, reputation of both companies, and what you can afford. If it were my money it’d be going to the firsts ones no doubt about it.

OP
OP
Gallo_vera

Gallo_vera

First Name
Jayro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
The sedan looks absolutely killer in my opinion. I think we’ve officially concluded that the perfect range for most people and our cars in particular is 35-45 offset wise with a wheel size of 18 x 9.5. Lowered, rubbing could be an issue but usually after rolling (bending) the fender tabs your good to go. Personally, look the weight of both, reputation of both companies, and what you can afford. If it were my money it’d be going to the firsts ones no doubt about it.
So when it rubs, is it hard to roll the fender tabs? Or what is the process like for that? Can it be done at home or do you need to take it to a mechanic?

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First ones IMO

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
So when it rubs, is it hard to roll the fender tabs? Or what is the process like for that? Can it be done at home or do you need to take it to a mechanic?
To be honest it’s not rolling, there is a little fender tab that sticks out and will cause the wheel to rub. All you have to do is bend it in. Takes a couple minutes at most I’m sure someone has a video on doing it. Very simple, taking it to a shop to have it done would be very extra imo. I would say it’s one of the easiest thing to do to our cars!

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
The Advans are dope

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
Fender tab is easy to bend yourself. Just have to remove a screw and plastic clip. Also the +45 is pushed in slightly more so 40 or 45 works with 9.5 well. You'll have problems with tire sizes more than the rim size. I'll run a 265 tire on my 18x9 +35 and it rubs cause the offset. You shouldn't have that problem unless you go wider than 265.
Sponsored