Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
What's up everyone. I'm in the market for a down pipe. Leaning towards the PRL Down pipe because I already have their intercooler and am super satisfied with their quality and worksmanship. That being said I still have no idea how it sounds and performs.. I daily my CTR and drive it very lively on back roads and highways. I hear some DP have fumes that leak into the cabin. I'm super sensitive to that.. also, dont like too much engine noise in the cabin. Can yall give me some pros and cons of the brand of downpipes that yall went with? Thanks Ya'll.
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
What's up everyone. I'm in the market for a down pipe. Leaning towards the PRL Down pipe because I already have their intercooler and am super satisfied with their quality and worksmanship. That being said I still have no idea how it sounds and performs.. I daily my CTR and drive it very lively on back roads and highways. I hear some DP have fumes that leak into the cabin. I'm super sensitive to that.. also, dont like too much engine noise in the cabin. Can yall give me some pros and cons of the brand of downpipes that yall went with? Thanks Ya'll.
If you are super sensitive to fumes I would suggest getting one that has an option for catted instead of catless.

OP
OP
Perrin67_97

Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you are super sensitive to fumes I would suggest getting one that has an option for catted instead of catless.
Definitely going catted. Dont mind the minuscule loss in hp and torque. And the no fumes.. lol

Last edited:

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I went custom catless.
***CORRECTION custom dp did not fit. Money got refounded and got the P2R catless dp installed.

Last edited:

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RV6 catted, ceramic coated. Didn't think the stock heat shields would fit but they do so I think that can only help keep temps in line as best as possible with the coating. Having installed RV6 "downpipes" on my 4G TL, I was sold on the fit, finish, and quality and they were very reasonably priced.

OP
OP
Perrin67_97

Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
RV6 catted, ceramic coated. Didn't think the stock heat shields would fit but they do so I think that can only help keep temps in line as best as possible with the coating. Having installed RV6 "downpipes" on my 4G TL, I was sold on the fit, finish, and quality and they were very reasonably priced.
Looking at their quality. Hard to argue that..

OP
OP
Perrin67_97

Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I
this is in my top 3 !

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, I had a RL with those downpipes. Never had an issue with the install and they were rock solid.

Mauricio_k20

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type - R
Country flag
I went with the Ktuned catless front pipe and downpipe. I personally love the sound and spool sound and response is way better. Only down fault is that it rubs somewhere on the car so it kinda squeaks which is annoying and a bit embarrassing lol:dunno:
Sponsored