which cold air intake would you recommend and why?

prl cobra cold air intake vs 27won cold air intake?

• PRL cold air intake

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • 27WON cold air intake

Votes: 26 45.6%

• Total voters

Dannyshepp

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic hatchback
Country flag
looking for input on which cold air intake is a better choice as i see both are great. please let me know your personal experience and which you would recommend and why?

thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed my 27Won intake after having an AF Dynamic for about a year.

Install was a little wonky with mine but once I got it in it has been perfect. Sounds amazing, feels great power wise and aesthetically pleasing.

I’m also appreciative of the fact when I need to do maintenance on the intake I won’t need to take off the bumper.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I just installed my 27Won intake after having an AF Dynamic for about a year.

Install was a little wonky with mine but once I got it in it has been perfect. Sounds amazing, feels great power wise and aesthetically pleasing.

I’m also appreciative of the fact when I need to do maintenance on the intake I won’t need to take off the bumper.
Are you insenuating that you have to take off the bumper for PRL cold air intake?
I have the PRL. Majority of the forum population will more than likely vote on PRL. All of the testing they did on this product has proven the quality.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
27won it has a better design with the filter not being in the lower fender.
If you live in place that when it rains the roads flood in spots you dont have to worry about the 27won sucking up water

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
As you're a fellow Canadian, something you are hopefully considering:

Installing CAIs on Canadian civics is a complete PITA. Our windshield washer fluid reservoir is on the drivers side, while it's on the passenger side on U.S. models. The only off-the-shelf CAI you can install is the 27WON. Everybody will tell you to go PRL Cobra but unless you want to move the washerfluid reservior, including new wiring and tubing runs, it won't fit.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
As you're a fellow Canadian, something you are hopefully considering:

Installing CAIs on Canadian civics is a complete PITA. Our windshield washer fluid reservoir is on the drivers side, while it's on the passenger side on U.S. models. The only off-the-shelf CAI you can install is the 27WON. Everybody will tell you to go PRL Cobra but unless you want to move the washerfluid reservior, including new wiring and tubing runs, it won't fit.
This is a good point. If I would have had to move the washer fluid, I would have probably had to go a different route. Looked like a terrible job.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Well not many of us have had both but I have the PRL Cobra and I got it because it sits lower thus gets cooler air. It sounds amazing too.

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you insenuating that you have to take off the bumper for PRL cold air intake?
I have the PRL. Majority of the forum population will more than likely vote on PRL. All of the testing they did on this product has proven the quality.
I wasn’t insinuating anything as I’ve never had the PRL - I was simply stating the fact of when I personally have to do filter maintenance I won’t have to take off the bumper.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
looking for input on which cold air intake is a better choice as i see both are great. please let me know your personal experience and which you would recommend and why?

thank you
If you want turbo noise prl
If you want power prl race maf
If you are afraid of hydrolock get 27won

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I wasn’t insinuating anything as I’ve never had the PRL - I was simply stating the fact of when I personally have to do filter maintenance I won’t have to take off the bumper.
Gotcha. For purposes of decision making, let it be known that the bumper does not need to be removed in order to install or do maintenance for the PRL CAI on our cars. It is a fairly simple install.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Gotcha. For purposes of decision making, let it be known that the bumper does not need to be removed in order to install or do maintenance for the PRL CAI on our cars. It is a fairly simple install.
What is the procedure for getting to the filter to clean it?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
For maintenance and overall ease of use, I prefer 27Won. They leverage a synthetic dryflow filter which requires no oil. That also means the pleats are more tightly interwoven, which helps limit dust through the intake. More dust = more potential buildup on the intake valves long term.

All that said, PRL is very, very well designed with solid performance results. Just keep in mind that their filters are oiled because of the larger weave patterns and holes. You need to get the oiling right. Too much and you can soil the MAF. Not enough and you may not trap sufficient contaminants.

Close-up of an oiled filter held up to a light. Those are holes in the media filled with oil. Taken from member mvela:

Honda Civic 10th gen which cold air intake would you recommend and why? 30eb535a-b95a-4cc1-861e-55d684a620f7-jpe
Sponsored