Which Civic To Buy?

GenXHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So I am dead set on buying a civic with a 6MT, but Im not sure which one I want to go with. The coupe and sedan come with more options, however the hatch comes with an 8HP upgrade, better handling, and...its a hatchback (that's a good thing to me). I'm pretty good with audio upgrades (have done them in previous cars) so thats not much of a detractor from the Sport Hatch, but I have never had a sunroof and the idea of it appeals to me. Also, I just think the coupe looks the best. From what you have purchased/are planning to purchase, do you find that the creature feature upgrades in the EX-T models outweigh the sportiness of the Hatch, or should I just make those an afterthought and go with the more fun to drive Hatch Sport?
Sponsored

shire123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 honda hybrid, 2009 Honda Fit, 2015 Honda CRV
So I am dead set on buying a civic with a 6MT, but Im not sure which one I want to go with. The coupe and sedan come with more options, however the hatch comes with an 8HP upgrade, better handling, and...its a hatchback (that's a good thing to me). I'm pretty good with audio upgrades (have done them in previous cars) so thats not much of a detractor from the Sport Hatch, but I have never had a sunroof and the idea of it appeals to me. Also, I just think the coupe looks the best. From what you have purchased/are planning to purchase, do you find that the creature feature upgrades in the EX-T models outweigh the sportiness of the Hatch, or should I just make those an afterthought and go with the more fun to drive Hatch Sport?
That's really a personal decision for you to make. Got the EXT sedan with manual transmission this past winter but really would have preferred the hatchback but crazy as ot seems I couldn't get the hatchback in cosmic blue. Also really, really wanted satellite radio pre-installed. Sunroof means nothing to me and will probably never use it. (4months after getting the car still haven't opened it). I really doubt you can notice the difference that 8HP would make.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
If You prefer the coupe style, want the sport upgrades, and the EX-T level trim's options, then the answer is probably the SI Coupe.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Sport hatch is not really about that 8hp difference, it's more about the body stuff and the wheels.

OP
OP

GenXHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Sport hatch is not really about that 8hp difference, it's more about the body stuff and the wheels.
I completely agree, but do you feel that those "sporty" modifications are worth the drop in tech and features

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I completely agree, but do you feel that those "sporty" modifications are worth the drop in tech and features
I did.

Like yourself I was stuck on the 6MT. I had no interest in the sunroof. I've previously had 4 cars with sunroofs and they are way overrated in my opinion. I installed my own audio upgrades because even the factory "premium" system is not super awesome. Leather would be nice but not having it has not bothered me so far. (my previous 3 cars all had leather)

OP
OP

GenXHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did.

Like yourself I was stuck on the 6MT. I had no interest in the sunroof. I've previously had 4 cars with sunroofs and they are way overrated in my opinion. I installed my own audio upgrades because even the factory "premium" system is not super awesome. Leather would be nice but not having it has not bothered me so far. (my previous 3 cars all had leather)
Im leaning more towards that as well. From what Ive heard and read is that the sunroof is negligible and the "premium" audio system is not worth the sacrifice in driving fun. I guess the only things Ill miss are the heated seats

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im leaning more towards that as well. From what Ive heard and read is that the sunroof is negligible and the "premium" audio system is not worth the sacrifice in driving fun. I guess the only things Ill miss are the heated seats
I thought so too. (heated seats) Have not missed them so far but I have to admit it has not been cold since I purchased the car. I was in the habit of using them all the time though, the heat was great for post workout muscle soreness. Ha

OP
OP

GenXHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought so too. (heated seats) Have not missed them so far but I have to admit it has not been cold since I purchased the car. I was in the habit of using them all the time though, the heat was great for post workout muscle soreness. Ha
Living in New England, heated seats almost seem to be a must have. However, my 2000 Mazda Protege and I have gotten by just fine without them for the past 6 years so I don't see a reason to stop now!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Living in New England, heated seats almost seem to be a must have. However, my 2000 Mazda Protege and I have gotten by just fine without them for the past 6 years so I don't see a reason to stop now!
That is also something you can install yourself if so desired. When I bought the car I was set on doing that but at this point I don't think I will bother. You'll have to ask me again come January though.

shire123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 honda hybrid, 2009 Honda Fit, 2015 Honda CRV
EXT sedan has heated seats.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So does the coupe, but Im not into the body styling of the Sedan (looks too civilian) so I'm judging between the coupe and hatchback.
Your username is GenXHatch. Question answered.

Now you just have to find one. :)

Branch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport, '07 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I was on the fence between hatch EX and Sport that I was negotiating on both prices. The Ex was the logical choice due to the options but keep coming back to the look of the sport which drew me to the car originally. I say wait a few until the Si starts appearing. If you don't like the Si then it will at least make it a little easier to get the EXT or Sport 6MT.

OP
OP

GenXHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was on the fence between hatch EX and Sport that I was negotiating on both prices. The Ex was the logical choice due to the options but keep coming back to the look of the sport which drew me to the car originally. I say wait a few until the Si starts appearing. If you don't like the Si then it will at least make it a little easier to get the EXT or Sport 6MT.
Good point, I will hold off until this summer when parts start emerging.
Sponsored