Where's the allocation chart for CTR's coming to TN?

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
My dealership isn't tracking anything for the CTR I put a deposit down on weeks ago...How is everybody getting their information on the allocations and vin#s? I can't even get a straight answer...Please assist....Ty
Sponsored

Hungryhippo96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, E92 M3, 991.2 GT3 (incoming)
Country flag
My dealership isn't tracking anything for the CTR I put a deposit down on weeks ago...How is everybody getting their information on the allocations and vin#s? I can't even get a straight answer...Please assist....Ty
My dealer just showed me on their computer with the ETA. Either they aren't getting one or they aren't the brightest of the bunch. Maybe talk to a manager? I got my VIN and ETA of June 14th.

OP
OP
CivicTypeRMan

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
My dealer just showed me on their computer with the ETA. Either they aren't getting one or they aren't the brightest of the bunch. Maybe talk to a manager? I got my VIN and ETA of June 14th.
They looked into there system. And they said they aren't tracking it. However, the regional whoever said they will get one.

OP
OP
CivicTypeRMan

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
Interesting. Then maybe they aren't going ring one in June? I'm not sure. Sorry I can't cant help.
It's ok. Ty for your feedback. Maybe shortly someone will help out the TN Honda Heads.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
It's ok. Ty for your feedback. Maybe shortly someone will help out the TN Honda Heads.
I haven't been tracking which states have had notifications as I'm in the UK so it's not strictly relevant for me, but there have been various posts where someone checked on the Honda system and listed which states were showing cars due for delivery. Last I can remember that certainly didn't include every state, so there were some states where the system still wasn't showing anything as Honda seem to be putting them on the system over a period of time, or maybe they're waiting for another ship to dock somewhere with another batch to feed the rest of the states, who knows?

If TN was one of the states that didn't yet show deliveries then that would explain why your dealer can't see anything, and it should appear eventually. If that is the case it's possible that they have been told by Honda to expect a car at a rough date so it may be reasonably good info, but I don't think you could rely on that too much until it does appear on the system, at which point they should be able to give you an ETA and the VIN.

OTOH, if a lot of dealers in TN were already showing deliveries then I'd be a bit concerned if yours isn't. As I said though, I can't remember what the latest situation was for any particular state, so you could either wait for someone with access to the Honda system to confirm it with up to date info, or trawl back in the threads in this section to look at what was posted previously (can't remember for sure which thread the information was in).

BTW, any info you do get on here from the Honda system can't be mentioned to your dealer in any detail, as that might mean trouble for the kind person who posted it!

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
TN is one of the states without allocations in the iN system along with basically all of the SE US: FL, GA, etc etc etc.

I think the count of states that have allocations was 29 in the last update?

OP
OP
CivicTypeRMan

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
I haven't been tracking which states have had notifications as I'm in the UK so it's not strictly relevant for me, but there have been various posts where someone checked on the Honda system and listed which states were showing cars due for delivery. Last I can remember that certainly didn't include every state, so there were some states where the system still wasn't showing anything as Honda seem to be putting them on the system over a period of time, or maybe they're waiting for another ship to dock somewhere with another batch to feed the rest of the states, who knows?

I greatly appreciate your summary. I'm hoping since the dealership did claim they ordered a white and a black over a month ago, that it is very true. Ty again.

OP
OP
CivicTypeRMan

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
TN is one of the states without allocations in the iN system along with basically all of the SE US: FL, GA, etc etc etc.

I think the count of states that have allocations was 29 in the last update?
I can only imagine why Honda does that. Ty for the info as I'm on this quest to figure it out. lol.

Hungryhippo96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How did your dealership order two type R's? Last I heard dealers didn't have any say on what color they got or how many they got. Honda just sends them whatever from what I've been hearing.

OP
OP
CivicTypeRMan

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
How did your dealership order two type R's? Last I heard dealers didn't have any say on what color they got or how many they got. Honda just sends them whatever from what I've been hearing.
They told me they had received a request to order ONE. So they chose two colors and expects a white OR a black one. This is what their feeding me.

Hungryhippo96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They told me they had received a request to order ONE. So they chose two colors and expects a white OR a black one. This is what their feeding me.
I would be hesitant man with this dealership. Just from my knowledge having received a request to order one seems very unlikely. Even the largest dealerships back home where I am (Orange County) said they get what Honda gives them.

OP
OP
CivicTypeRMan

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
I would be hesitant man with this dealership. Just from my knowledge having received a request to order one seems very unlikely. Even the largest dealerships back home where I am (Orange County) said they get what Honda gives them.

I'm not going to put them on blast yet but this Honda Dealership is #2 in Middle TN, 2nd to the Nashville Dealership. Ty for the warning...

Hungryhippo96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not going to put them on blast yet but this Honda Dealership is #2 in Middle TN, 2nd to the Nashville Dealership. Ty for the warning...
I didn't say put them on blast. I'm just saying be wary and don't get your hopes up.
Sponsored