Where to begin tuning.

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Country flag
So I've got a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T manual transmission that I use as a daily driver. I've got a lead foot and I really enjoy getting up to speed rather quickly, but still would like the longevity of my car to last another 7 years or so. What tuning can I do to help increase my quarter mile, or my 0-60 time without hurting my longevity? Or is it simply not possible? As a small side note a are there any headlights or fog lights that are really bright that you guys recommend? Thanks guys.
Sponsored

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Full bolt-ons, turbo-back exhaust, intake, intercooler, oil cooler, with custom conservative tune(same boost(Or more) as stock but significant power/response on top) as well as a mishimoto catch can will increase both performance and longevity. Abusing and pedal to the medal is what shorten the lifespan of the car all around.

OP
OP

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Country flag
Full bolt-ons, turbo-back exhaust, intake, intercooler, oil cooler, with custom conservative tune(same boost(Or more) as stock but significant power/response on top) as well as a mishimoto catch can will increase both performance and longevity. Abusing and pedal to the medal is what shorten the lifespan of the car all around.
Are there any brands in particular you would recommend?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
So I've got a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T manual transmission that I use as a daily driver. I've got a lead foot and I really enjoy getting up to speed rather quickly, but still would like the longevity of my car to last another 7 years or so. What tuning can I do to help increase my quarter mile, or my 0-60 time without hurting my longevity? Or is it simply not possible? As a small side note a are there any headlights or fog lights that are really bright that you guys recommend? Thanks guys.
Go easy on the throttle. Maybe put some sandbags in the back.

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Are there any brands in particular you would recommend?
I build my car to a bit like your specification and I’ll list my bolt-ons with reasons

Intake: 27Won. No hydrolock, benefit of both short ram(Response and cleaning) and cold air intake(cooler air). Depending what car you have, well for me I plan to cut the fake grille and have fresh air go through there into the intake.

Exhaust: aFe Takeda Catted Downpipe paired with Thermal R&D. aFe downpipe sounds better per people’s opinion when they switch to PRL downpipe and that’s mainly the reason I got aFe downpipe. Their 400 Cell cat is also a plus and cat muffles out rasp, but it is a 3” pipe and at the exit, it takes a dip into 2.5” and I plan to chop that off probably and get a cheap $350 downpipe and swap it(might not since 2.5” mandrel support up to 500HP). Thermal R&Dexhaust is great, you can slap a different 3” axle back and/or resonator delete without cut/wield.

Intercooler: PRL Front Mount InterCooler(FMIC) Kit(for summer and performance/durability)

Oil catch can: Mishimoto is the only one as I know of that has a easy drop in kit. Oil catch can is to catch blow by so your Intercooler and manifold isn’t all oiled up and keep your intake valve and cat clean. Turbo tend to do more blow by than Naturally aspirated engine.

Maintenance: This is a big one. I change my oil every 5k miles. Direct Injection engine tend to put fuel into the oil so it’d Be wise to change it rather than use Mobil 1 extended 1 year oil/20k miles. When you look for oil, look for turbo certified(not a thing I guess but oil for turbo..?). And don’t get the cheapest oil filter, I get K&N due to ease of 17mm bolt. But if you’re looking for quality oil and filter, Amsoil XL 0w-20 paired with Wix XP filter.

I also went with flex fuel, e85 burns cleaner and cooler than pump gas so that’s a plus with better performance.

Well this is all for now. All these are subjectively my taste and preference and my personal thoughts. But yours and everyone else may defer. I hope this give you an idea what to look for.