Where is the inside fuse box of 2016/17 Honda Civic??

CarsOverMotorcycles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Where is the inside fuse box of 2016/17 Honda Civic, and how do you correctly access this fuse box?

Pictures would be great. I do see anything in the manual about this.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Metallic Civic Touring
Country flag
On Page 6 of the 2016 Civics Owners Manual the Visual Index shows it's located behind the dashboard, about where your left knee would be while driving...

On page 559 of the 2016 Civics Owners Manual fuse details are there...

HTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't believe there is anything to open. You may have to look up under the dash to see it. I think it's pointing down. I'll go outside and look at mine in a few minutes.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The fuse block is just above the hood release, 13 x 3 block (room for 39 fuses).
I leaned on my right arm and looked up under the dash just above the hood release.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
Did you tap into one of the fuses using a jumper to get power/remote wire to an amplifier or something similar? The red wire with black end on the bottom right side of the photo looks like a fuse tap adapter?

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
most likely dashcam, have the same set up
I dug a little deeper and it's for his aftermarket his Digital Sound Processor.

PiYauD do you have the 10 speaker or 8 speaker stereo?
I have the 8 speaker hatchback and am hoping there is an open fuse (just like the 10 speaker as documented in the above photo) that gets power while car is on/in accessory mode.
I'm looking to wire my remote line there for JL Fix 82 and Twk D8 DSP.

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe 6MT
I dug a little deeper and it's for his aftermarket his Digital Sound Processor.

PiYauD do you have the 10 speaker or 8 speaker stereo?
I have the 8 speaker hatchback and am hoping there is an open fuse (just like the 10 speaker as documented in the above photo) that gets power while car is on/in accessory mode.
I'm looking to wire my remote line there for JL Fix 82 and Twk D8 DSP.
Let me know if you get the twk D8 to work with our factory coax !!!

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let me know if you get the twk D8 to work with our factory coax !!!
I'm tapping the front left and right speaker wires from behind the head unit and running the signal from them to the Fix 82 for the OEM integration, to clean and flatten the factory signal and then optical cable from the Fix 82 into the Twk D8 and then RCAs into an XD700/5v2 Five channel amp and then new wire running to the front doors and sail tweeter locations to supply new component speakers up front and using the 5th amp channel to power a 10" sub.

Still deciding on the best way to get the remote turn on signal from the car/stereo to the Fix 82; once I do then I can remote out from the Fix to the Twk and amp. I don't want to use its built in Signal Sense option.
I may just go ahead and 'add a circuit'to cavity slot #1 in the cabin fuse panel named 'ACCESSORY 10A'. I read in another thread that somebody has already done this and that that Fuse does in fact control the stereo head unit and if you do tie in there and you turn off the stereo it will cut the signal to that fuse in slot #1 and in turn, turn off the Fix 82,Twk D8 and amp(s)... which is great in my opinion,I'd like that very much!

Last edited:

peterletran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe 6MT
I'm tapping the front left and right speaker wires from behind the head unit and running the signal from them to the Fix 82 for the OEM integration, to clean and flatten the factory signal and then optical cable from the Fix 82 into the Twk D8 and then RCAs into an XD700/5v2 vove Channel amp and then new wire running to the front doors and sail tweeter locations to supply new component speakers up front and using the 5th amp channel to power a 10" sub.

Still deciding on the best way to get the remote turn on signal from the car/stereo to the Fix 82; once I do then I can remote out from the Fix to the Twk and amp. I don't want to use its built in Signal Sense option.
I may just go ahead and 'add a circuit'to cavity slot #1 in the cabin fuse panel named 'ACCESSORY 10A'. I read in another thread that somebody has already done this and that that Fuse does in fact control the stereo head unit and if you do tie in there and you turn off the stereo it will cut the signal to that fuse in slot #1 and in turn, turn off the Fix 82,Twk D8 and amp(s)... which is great in my opinion,I'd like that very much!
Awe, man ... I really want to see someone use the factory COAX into the digital input of a dsp.
Not sure which model you have, but keep in mind, door woofers might not have full range running
through them because the OEM amp might have a separate channel for woofer and tweeter up front.

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awe, man ... I really want to see someone use the factory COAX into the digital input of a dsp.
Not sure which model you have, but keep in mind, door woofers might not have full range running
through them because the OEM amp might have a separate channel for woofer and tweeter up front.
Going digital straight from the head unit would be sweet! If only someone made an adapter to work with the unique Honda plug.

I have the Hatchback LX (Canadian). 8 speaker, 180watt 7 inch head unit. No exterior amp (Sport Tourings, Si's), just powered by the headnit.
From all the accounts I can find, including wiring diagrams, the front woofers do get full range signal and then there's an inline crossover for the factory tweeters.
I'll be sure to triple check before soldering any connections though.
I think Im gonna cough up the $10USD per day to access the Hondatechnician website https://estore.honda.com/service-express/subscriptions.asp to get 100% confirmation on a few things. Audio number 1, seat and carpeting removal # 2, headliner/ceiling panel removal # , as I'm planning to sound deaden much of the interior and would like to tear everything apart only once.
Sponsored

Last edited: