Where do you mount your phone?

Civic16OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L & 1966 ford mustang coup
Ever sense I got my civic over a year ago I have struggled with finding a secure location to store my phones; I have a nexus 6p and a pixel 2 xl. I use android auto avidly and I usually store my phone under the dashboard, in the cubby in front of the shifter. Unfortunately, whichever phone I have hooked up slides out of the cubby: I constantly must put it back in place. If you use a mount what mount do you use and where do you have it mounted?

I used to have a vent mount, but I lost it. Frankly I don’t want to use a vent mount because it damaged my last car but that’s the only solution I had found at the time. I had it mounted to the driver side vent by the door.
Sponsored

chisav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
I've been debating this as well. I have a pixel and there is no way I'm stick a metal plate to my phone. My conclusion came to swapping the head unit to the android unit later on.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
Strange I put my phone at the same place and it never slide out.
But my phone is quite tight in the cubby. You could try to place a rubber mat of some sort in the cubby so it stick more. . .

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a fan of vent or windshield but not having a CD player I can't use my favorite, Mountek.

I had to go with Spigen windshield mount (design wise it looks good), placed it on the driver side since it's easier to see just wished I was left handed. :)

I have two phones, iPhone 8 Plus 256GB & LG V30, the other sits on the Wireless Charger.
Sponsored