Where could I get sockets that fit Honda 7440 turn markers on FC3 headlight housing?

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Folks,

The resistor install was marketed as plug-and-play 7440, not sure what I'm missing. If you've already been through this, then please enlighten me:

I bought a set of plug-and-play resistors/decoders for the LEDs on my coupe to prevent hyperflash which (despite the fact that the bulbs were specifically anti-hyperflash) starts anyway after about a minute -likely because I'm using LEDs all around, and really lowering the resistance. Well.... turns out they're not as plug-and-play as advertised, because the new sockets don't fit. I took a look at the OEM vs decoder sockets, and looks like the new ones have tabs that are a different thickness, and in slightly different locations, so it won't fit without a good working over with a Dremel.

This is Honda's design for the back of the 7440. There's 4 tabs just above the rubber seal, 3 of which are in view. It comes with no wires, and they're about 8-10 bucks apiece, which is double the price:

Honda Civic 10th gen Where could I get sockets that fit Honda 7440 turn markers on FC3 headlight housing? 7440 HONDA Socket.PNG

The only pre-wired sets I can find on Amazon/eBay are the ones that DON'T work. Unlike the OEM honda ones I can get from the dealership, these come with the wires hanging out the back already for easy splicing. Problem is, they look exactly like the ones that came with my decoders. The 7440 socket itself seems to be thicker, and I know the tabs are thicker, longer, and in different locations, relative to the OEM. The ones that don't work look like this:

View attachment 120238

So.... now I'm stuck. Does anyone know where to get a set of 7440 size sockets that are pre-wired (wires out the back, so I can splice them into the decorders) and also for-sure compatible with the FC3 headlight housing? Anyone run into this problem yet?

Best I could find right now is this, but no way to confirm whether or not it fits because there's no reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFHXCCS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quick update: the Senzeal 7440 sockets linked above DID NOT work. Had to send em back. If you're considering getting those, turn back now.

Tried to stop by a Honda place but they didn't have any OEM replacements in stock. Last resort was to get OEM Honda brand sockets online, which is what I did. They won't come pre-wired, that's the downside.
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited: