Where can I find undercarriage aluminium engine cover ?

alexgomes

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Where can I find undercarriage aluminium engine cover ? GXbtQdA

I've been looking all over internet to find just the lower engine aluminium cover. I've found this https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~74110-teg-000.html?Make=Honda&Model=Civic&Year=2018&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=4,3138;et=2,4). But I think this comes with entire one piece instead of sub piece that I need.

Mine kinda bent from last week's snow storm. I had gotten stuck at one place where I tried to reverse-forward couple times to get out of it and I believe that's when it happened.

I think from 2016, all honda civic model has this piece.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
GXbtQdA.jpg

I've been looking all over internet to find just the lower engine aluminium cover. I've found this https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~74110-teg-000.html?Make=Honda&Model=Civic&Year=2018&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=4,3138;et=2,4). But I think this comes with entire one piece instead of sub piece that I need.

Mine kinda bent from last week's snow storm. I had gotten stuck at one place where I tried to reverse-forward couple times to get out of it and I believe that's when it happened.

I think from 2016, all honda civic model has this piece.
I sent over 10 minutes trying to find this part on the Honda Parts websites, and then gave up in utter frustration. It's the part tou remove to do an oil change, as is as light and flimsy as possible -- no wonder it bent with a few snow flakes hitting it !!!

Going to try again ... 2ne time lucky, and will post a link if I find it. It must be there somewhere,, just a question of where !!!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I sent over 10 minutes trying to find this part on the Honda Parts websites, and then gave up in utter frustration. It's the part tou remove to do an oil change, as is as light and flimsy as possible -- no wonder it bent with a few snow flakes hitting it !!!

Going to try again ... 2ne time lucky, and will post a link if I find it. It must be there somewhere,, just a question of where !!!

Found this -- about $20 + shipping

Honda Civic 10th gen Where can I find undercarriage aluminium engine cover ? 660dee3d1c01885b24946125127dbb48

https://www.hondaautopartswarehouse.com/oem-parts/honda-lid-engine-cover-lower-74112tlaa01

Which is "A cover" but not necessarily for your car.

----------

The only ref I could find for your car was the Link you provided, and the part you need is part of a much bigger parts and is over $200 + shipping . !!!

For $200, I would take it off, and beat it flat again with a hammer and a block of wood.
Just make sure you keep the two air scoops, and do not beat those flat as well !!

(Nobody can see it under the car, and chances are, if you fit a new $200, the next week you will hit something like a dead squirrel in the middle of the road, and bend it up again !!)

OMG -- Shipping is about another $200 !!!!

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
My daughters came loose on her 17' hatch and I had trouble getting new bolts before she left for college. Now it's sitting in my garage until she comes home to visit. My 16' sedans was also bent and held up with zip ties when I turned in the lease. That piece is a p.i.t.a.!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My daughters came loose on her 17' hatch and I had trouble getting new bolts before she left for college. Now it's sitting in my garage until she comes home to visit. My 16' sedans was also bent and held up with zip ties when I turned in the lease. That piece is a p.i.t.a.!
I took mine off a few weeks ago, just to look at the Oil filter area, with plans to fit an Oil Filter Sandwich.
Two Threaded screws, and about 6-8 1/2 turn catches.

I really cannot understand how that comes loose, unless it is is not replaced correctly after, say an oil change. Those screws and 1/4 turn catches do not undo themselves, and are very secure.

Sucks if some model civics have the aluminum plate as a separate $20 item, and others make it part of a kit for $200.
Wonder if the $20 part would fit, or could be made to fit ..

The 1/4 turn fasteners are available as a separate oem Honda part (despite what your Dealer may tell you), and are a pretty standard fastener in any case, that could be got from elsewhere, not as a Honda Part. (DZUS fasteners)

Honda Civic 10th gen Where can I find undercarriage aluminium engine cover ? s-l1600

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dzus-Butto...uarter-Turn-Sprint-Car-500-7-16-/271684246616
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dzus-Butto...uarter-Turn-Sprint-Car-500-7-16-/271684246616
------------------------
Or, for $25 you can get a set of 10 if these, that can be pop-riveted to the Aluminum cover, and would never get lost !!

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Self-Ejecting-Quarter-Turn-Fasteners-700-Inch-Grip-Pack-10,29647.html

Looks like a good solution to me :)

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Self-Ejecting-Quarter-Turn-Fasteners-700-Inch-Grip-Pack-10,29647.html
Honda Civic 10th gen Where can I find undercarriage aluminium engine cover ? 91007123_L_3dc6d67c-305e-4d56-84f5-17f23aaa8f2e

Last edited:

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 civic hatch ST,
Country flag
I'm looking as well. Seen some for CRVs for $40, but my local dealership wants almost $200 for my 18' civic hatch.

NOTACAT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8, S2000
Country flag

NOTACAT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8, S2000
Country flag
Oh the site says it won't fit mine. Probably cuz I have a 2l.
Yea that's possible, reading through the thread it was sounding like they were all the same, bummer it doesn't fit other civics.

MIAMI305

First Name
MIGUEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HONDA CIVIC
Country flag
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the comments and recommendations.
I have already replaced this piece once, and now need to replace it again. My question is, if I don’t replace it, what’s the worst that can happen?

WingKing76

Embrace the Grind, Because the Grind is Real!!!
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the comments and recommendations.
I have already replaced this piece once, and now need to replace it again. My question is, if I don’t replace it, what’s the worst that can happen?
I just found out mind is missing. I believe the dealership left it off and I have been driving around for months without it.
Sponsored