Where are the rear brake kits for the 10th gen sedans?

Brenster2223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BNP Civic Touring (RIP), 2018 BNP Civic Touring
Country flag
Looking around for drilled & slotted rotors. For a reason i'm not familiar with, "Front Only" kits are all that are available for the sedans. Anyone know why rears haven't come out?

College Hills Honda has a rear drilled rotor kit for 10th hatches, but do the hatches and sedans use the same rotors? Could I just use the hatch kit on my sedan?

Edit:

just saw from an earlier post featuring these:
https://www.r1concepts.com/detail_c...+All+Rear+Drilled_and_Slotted_Rotor+silver+++

Anyone with any experience with this kit?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Slotted on a DD are ok but drilled is a bad idea. Google to learn why. Or give it a shot and maybe you will find out, lol

ncrx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan Touring CVT
Looking around for drilled & slotted rotors. For a reason i'm not familiar with, "Front Only" kits are all that are available for the sedans. Anyone know why rears haven't come out?
b/c 90% of the braking is done by the fronts, a pad change is usually sufficient for most rears

HustleHatch

@hustle_hatch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport 6MT
b/c 90% of the braking is done by the fronts, a pad change is usually sufficient for most rears
This. People seem to think fancy rotors do a lot of good, but that's usually not the case and 95% of people will never drive the car hard enough to need anything other than a decent set of blank rotors with performance pads and fluid. I found drilled/slotted actually wore through pads faster as well (cheese grater effect) which made them worse rather than "better".
Sponsored